I made a BIG mistake!!

FireBadge1

I respectfully recommend that you stay away from Carnival. If you didn't like the Dream, I feel that you may not like any other ship in the Carnival fleet. The Dream is one of the newest ships in the fleet with the most to offer. We enjoyed sailing on the Dream (in fact, one of our best Carnival cruises), but I know that the Dream and Carnival are not for everybody.

I will be sailing on Princess for the first time in 2014 with very high expectations, partly because of Princess cruisers like you that rave about them. Hope that Princess can live up to the expectations! :)

I would think the food would be simular since they use the same buyers. You probaly have nicer plates and silverware and quite a few old people . With no kids to complain about.

I agree, OP, my last CCL was on the Dream this year. It almost put me out of my cruising misery for good, but then I got brought back to cruise life by a Disney cruise. Now I know what cruise line I belong on. I used to love my Carnivals Holiday 07 & Triumph '11), than like my Carnival (conquest '12) , but the Dream was just a waste. I call it the Unfriendly Ship, and the poor crew reeks of desperation like a week long informercial as a vacation. I hope that new cruisers don't get ruined on cruising... the typical thought is sometimes "I don't think cruising is for me." :( Glad you know where you belong, too!

Or some 10 year old who stole there moms phone??? Or maybe a Disney Princess because you would not be on a ccl site

How nice for you! Anytime I go to karaoke or the theater or to find a deck chair, I get the "what can I get you?" constantly. If you ask for a water, you can expect them not to come back. (a bummer for karaoke. I just go to the bar to get water so I can sing now, since the servers rarely bring it.)

And the tactic of handing a drink to a newly boarded cruise guest as they embark and then saying "Give me your ship card" must not have happened to you (several times for me) and I'm sure new cruisers who have no idea they just bought a drink for $9 instead of a 'welcome board, guest, have a drink!' probably fall for it all the time. If that isn't pushing, I don't know what is.

You must have push over written all over you. If that happed to me I would keep walking. and If some one bugs me I telll them firmly I do not want to be bothered. And that seems to work . So the Mouse does not get you for anything either. I have been to Disney many times they milk you for everything and the cruise price is double for the same stops.

This was our FIRST AND LAST Carnival cruise Very little was good. They pushed drinks EXTREMELY hard.....ALLthe time. Give me a break. We were on the DREAM. It was a nice ship....but little to do but PARTY AND DRINK.Fortunately they had Punchliners Comedy Club. I noticed many people like us at every performance....excellent comedians. Most of the crew was friendly....but slow.We waited an average of 30-45 minutes in the dining room for our dinners after ordering.....totally unaceptable. Most food very blah....andVERY small quantities. I ordered 2 prime rib dinners to get 2 pieces of meat the size of a soup spoon. The cold soups were excellent.....but you cant survive on soup.

There was sewer smell, diesel exhaust smell, dirty balcony windows and balcony glass.......etc etc.

They took 2 bottles of wine from us at check in..........left the 2 of us with 4 bottles........go figure. On the other hand...........walked on from Cozumel with 2 liter bottles of Crown Royal................NOT A WORD hehehehee

END RESULT: never Carnival again.....back on Princess ......

This was Our experience.....off the ship inPort Canaveral yesterday. I hope all of you that love Carnival have a better experience. You can have our spot on the ship............we will NOT be on Carnival again!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

FireBadge1

Veendam-76

Sea Princess-99

Grand Princess-2000

Grand Princess-2000

Sea Princess-2001

Golden Princess-2001

Grand Princess-April 14, 2002

Grand Princess- Nov 9, 2003

Caribbean Princess-Nov. 19,2006

Caribbean Princess- December 23, 2007

Grand Princess- December 19, 2008

Emerald Princess- January 2011 B2B

hi--sorry you had problems----WE ARE DEVOTE CARNIVAL CRUISERS WITH 58 CRUISES AND NO--NO COMPLAINTS--IN FACT THE DREAM IS GREAT---FOOD PLENTIFUL---AS FOR DRINKS--JUST OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SAY--'NO THANKS' AND THEY GO AWAY----THEY ARE ALWAYS CLEANING AND THE CREW IS VERY FRIENDLY. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD BUY YOUR OWN YACHT??? IRENE AND JOHN--

We are just back from a cruise on The Breeze. I've always liked Carnival's food and the variety, but this trip the food was lousy and the service in the MDR was horrible. We had breakfast in the MDR one morning,- it took over 2 hours to get our food. Fellow passengers started filling water glasses etc.

The ship was beautiful. Our cabin steward perfect, but the food was poor. My son and I both ordered steak one night. You wouldn't know it was the same cut of meat.

Granted - my BIL had a spice company, my sister writes a food column and our son's are chef's. I do expect buffet food - but Vegas sure knows how to do it.

Will I sale Carnival again, probably for a great price and itinerary.

My two cents

What do your relitives have to do with the food quality? Are you discerning your tastes above others? If your relitives worked for Golden Coral would you state that the food was better there or do your relatives prepare all your food for you???

Btw, our CC Dream was the last week of Feb. What was yours? I had a theory that our trip was SOO badly serviced due to massive cutbacks from all the bad Triumph press a few weeks beforehand.

I believe we were on the Dream the same week as the Triumph was having her issues, or at least they overlapped by a few days. I think we boarded on Feb 9 or 10.

I respectfully recommend that you stay away from Carnival. If you didn't like the Dream, I feel that you may not like any other ship in the Carnival fleet. The Dream is one of the newest ships in the fleet with the most to offer. We enjoyed sailing on the Dream (in fact, one of our best Carnival cruises), but I know that the Dream and Carnival are not for everybody.

I somewhat disagree with this also.... for many people I've talked to (even from our roll call) the Dream just didn't live up to expectations.... we far and away enjoyed our cruise on the Victory more. The Triumph too, back in 2010 - but that was our first, and I guess nothing ever lives up to that again.