which cay has the best beach in belize

gay head

My husband and I are going to be in Belize forr the day in early January.We are on tht Carnival Magic and want to take a water taxi to one of the Cays for the day, I was thinking of geoffrys cay.Has anyone done this? we just want to sit on the beach and have lunch.Do they have beach clubs like Cozomal?

My husband and I are going to be in Belize forr the day in early January.We are on tht Carnival Magic and want to take a water taxi to one of the Cays for the day, I was thinking of geoffrys cay.Has anyone done this? we just want to sit on the beach and have lunch.Do they have beach clubs like Cozomal?

You may mean Goff's Cay. About 8 miles out of Belize City. A wonderful day trip to this very small cay. Maybe the size of a football field? A dozen palm trees or so. Sits right on the reef so you can snorkle right off the beach. Food Hut sells some beverages to go along with grilled chix and lobster. Done this trip three times and it's one of our favorite cruisin' things to do! There are no resort style facilities here, but adequate.

Carnival may run an excursion directly off the ship without tendering to Belize City. This will give you limited time on the cay..maybe two hours.

We book from the port and the last trip we were there pretty much all day.Can't remember the cost...maybe $40 per?

You actually sail in to Belize right between Goff's and English Cay..the one with the light house. It's so small you may miss it!

Lovely!