reasonable priced hotel not in but about 15 min away from port canaveral

lyban

I am looking at options for hotels and parking for a 4 night cruise from Port canaveral.

complicated procedure: I need two rooms for the night before ( one room to include long term parking.

I have looked at country inns for example.

our room 144.00 usa dollar ( no extra cost for shuttle)

2nd room with 2 adults and toddler about 128.00

plus 5.00 each way for shuttle for them , total 30.00 usa. Plus taxes on all the above.

My husband and I will be driving in and then picking up kids at airport day before cruise. I now realize my car will be too full because we spend the following month in Florida at a rented condo so it is crammed.

Need to put back seat down and install baby seat for the drive from airport.

Thinking that what we should do is spend one more night in hotel the night before the night I mention up above and then leave some things in room while we go to airport to pick them up.

But the dollars are now adding up.

So I am now thinking of using one of the port parking places at 7.95 a night

total with taxes 42.15

Then looking for a cheaper but decent hotel inland between Airport and Port if I can find something for our stay.

If anyone has stayed with me this far with my ramblings and understands what I am saying. Any thoughts on hotels inland.

We have our reservations for return because we can then drive right to condo and stay there.

Thanks

Ok - here's a few points that factor in to what you are asking

- From the airport east to US-1 and the port there is ONE road (SR-528) and along that road there is NOTHING . . . not even a gas station between the airport and US-1

- The IS one motel at US-1 and the Beachline (SR-528)

http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=2060

- This place

http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-merritt_island-florida-FL627#listpos1

is between US-1 and the port on Merritt Island, a wee bit south of 528 . . .

- The Port is in the middle of a tourist and beach area. The hotels at the port are a wee bit back from the beach and in many cases cost LESS than the others which are nearer the beach.

- You could try looking in Titusville, a bit north on US-1 but here again most places are near the water (river) and are closer to the Space Center, another tourist area

- You MIGHT find better value staying near the airport . . . .

- IF you go as far south as exit 191 on 95 (about 20 miles) you'll find a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Capt BJ

Thanks for the reply.

The second one you posted is full for the sat. night but their is availabilty at the americas best value inn but I was wondering if you have ever stayed there or has anyone else.

Not getting the best reviews but it looks like the Saturday Night is pretty booked in a lot of places .

I am not sure what to do?

I live here and have not stayed in ANY of these places

I'd compare the Port side places prices against what I could find close to the airport

the area you asked about is barren . . . . IMO your $ saving plan is flawed .... the port side places tend to have the best prices second to staying close to the Orlando airport.

• 4 weeks later...