Land and Sea to the Pitons or Coastal Cruise to the Pitons

No Beaches Here

Trying to decide between these two excursions, and maybe even choosing a private tour operator. If we choose the Land and Sea Trip, it seems like there is no time left to see Castries. Are there many things to see in Castries, or are most of the sights closer to Souffrie? The Coastal cruise gets us back to to the ship much quicker and we would not have to do the long van ride out. Anybody input would help. Thanks!

Trying to decide between these two excursions, and maybe even choosing a private tour operator. If we choose the Land and Sea Trip, it seems like there is no time left to see Castries. Are there many things to see in Castries, or are most of the sights closer to Souffrie? The Coastal cruise gets us back to to the ship much quicker and we would not have to do the long van ride out. Anybody input would help. Thanks!

We did the land and sea to the pitons and enjoyed it. There were some issues with time management, you can check out my thoughts on it on the post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950877

If you have not done a costal bus tour, I would recommend it, there is so much to see and St Lucia is a really lush island.

check out Herod www. herodstours com/island_sp_coastal_cruise .html

you can google herod island tour pitons st lucia trip advisor has lots of info

We had a GREAT time with Herod.. $65

This is an exclusive opportunity to tour via private boat with extra special features included. Complimentary water, beers, assorted sodas, rum punch, and other refreshments will be available during the course of the tour for your enjoyment. You will have multiple opportunities to swim, bask in our tropical sun, leisurely visit "Living History" locales, explore caves, and to snorkel in world renowned the clear blue pristine waters at the best beaches on the island, including the famous "Black Sand Beach" at Anse Chastanet, and the Jalousie Beach nestled between the Pitons. Options include touring the Waterfalls or our famous Volcano.

check out Herod www. herodstours com/island_sp_coastal_cruise .html

you can google herod island tour pitons st lucia trip advisor has lots of info

We had a GREAT time with Herod.. $65

This is an exclusive opportunity to tour via private boat with extra special features included. Complimentary water, beers, assorted sodas, rum punch, and other refreshments will be available during the course of the tour for your enjoyment. You will have multiple opportunities to swim, bask in our tropical sun, leisurely visit "Living History" locales, explore caves, and to snorkel in world renowned the clear blue pristine waters at the best beaches on the island, including the famous "Black Sand Beach" at Anse Chastanet, and the Jalousie Beach nestled between the Pitons. Options include touring the Waterfalls or our famous Volcano.

meester jamie, thanks for the info on Herod. I have him booked for my group and a few others from our rollcall in a few weeks. If you don't mind answering a question for me. I've read that Herod gets to the beach later then other excursions and the chairs are limited. Did you have that experience?

I know it depends on the number of ships in ports and all but I'm just wondering on the timing of the excursion. I can sit on the sand as long as there is sunshine and water, I'm good.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons excursion. It was a lot of fun and we loved being out on the catamaran. It's only 4 hours long and would leave you some time to see other things. We're doing it again in April.

We did the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons excursion. It was a lot of fun and we loved being out on the catamaran. It's only 4 hours long and would leave you some time to see other things. We're doing it again in April.

spkinva - I am so glad to read your comment - we are going in September and are leaning towards the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons. I like having time to shop in and around the port. Which beach did this one take you to?

On the excursion we stopped in a bay for about 30 minutes for a quick swim. The clear water was beautiful. We cruised farther down the island and saw the pitons. They served us rum punch, bananas, and sandwiches. Then we cruised by Marigot Bay (where Dr. Doolittle was filmed). The excursion is about 4 hours. Lots of fun. After the excursion was over we had a burger and a piton beer and then went shopping.