Xmas on Oasis: The Good, The Bad & The Puking

orangepeel

Actually, we do have those cabins on our May 10 cruise.

I really thought these cabins location was great. The aft staircase to the Aqua Theater and Boardwalk was SO convenient. We were on the new drink plan so it was nice to be able to pop down to the Boardwalk bar in the evening and grab a frozen drink or a bottle of water...usually with no crowds or line.

One evening we watched the show from the theater seats and the next night from the balcony off of those aft stairs. It was fun to watch it from a different perspective and look to see how the underwater crew helped the performers during the show.

Oh and both of those rooms are where the bed is near the sliding door to the balcony. I have heard some rooms are the reverse with the bed closer to the door.

We were on Allure on December 16 th last year and they had had a minor outbreak the week before. (Their description!) We were not allowed to serve ourselves in the buffet. All food was served by staff brought in from everywhere - shops, photographers etc. some were not happy bunnies. The ship was continually cleaned and sanitised. Thankfully we did not get ill.

So sorry to hear you were so poorly. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you enjoyed the first part of your cruise. She is a wonderful ship. Hope you are able to get back on her under happier circumstances.

Antibiotics are no use for a virus, they ONLY work on bacteriological infections. In the UK they are much more careful about dishing out antibiotics now, thank goodness. :eek:

I got it last Dec on the Allure. H

• 3 weeks later...
ugh, sorry to hear that! I wonder if December is a worse month for it.

On Oasis Jan. 4 to 11th. Many precautions were being taken. No one permitted into any dining, without staff spraying our hands. We did not fall ill, but heard of others being sick with NORO. We were asked to fill out a form on last day, with questions of any illness.

I am wondering why I can not find others speaking of this on Cruise Critic. Is it banned by someone ???? LOL

Orange, just a quick heads up. The credit will come in the mail in about a month. We received it once for a cabin problem, the mirror fell off the wall and landed on us in bed in the middle of the night. Read about it here if you wish http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659&highlight=11240 You will return to RC soon, as you will have 1 year to use the credit.

Hopefully the next cruise is as planned. Good to see you are on your home and on the road to feeling better.

Andrew

We received a future cruise credit as well on the explorer because of major pluming issues in our cabin. It came like you said in about a month.

My son had noro on Friday (Oasis, 1/4-1/11) and his brother and brother's girlfriend came down with it 48 hours afterward at Disney. We didn't report it since it was the last night of the cruise. Do you think we would have received compensation?

I was on Oasis right after you. We received the email & voicemail about the delay. everyone was held in the terminal until about 1 pm. They were constantly cleaning & sanitizing the ship. Purell everywhere. I tried to inform them that Norwalk is a virus & Purell is an antibacterial but to no avail.