Zip Wires

I can't make up my mind whether to do the St. Lucia treetop canopy adventure or the Antigua Canopy Adventure. Has anyone any experience of either of these Thomson excursions. Thanks :)(Must change countdown clock, changed to 12th Jan)

Edited by maggie 57

Hi there.my son and I did the zip wire in Antigua a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.However I would say you need to be quite active to do this.There is a lot of stairs to negotiate and the zip wire itself is quite hard going and there was a few people in the party who struggled with it.As I said we both had a great day out but it can be hard going in places.

Edited by tart6000

Hi there.my son and I did the zip wire in Antigua a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.However I would say you need to be quite active to do this.There is a lot of stairs to negotiate and the zip wire itself is quite hard going and there was a few people in the party who struggled with it.As I said we both had a great day out but it can be hard going in places.

Thanks. I did zip wires at Go Ape,in Devon, last year. That was hard going but well worth it. In what way was the zip itself hard going? Being in my late fifties I would hate not being able to complete it. Maggie

Edited by maggie 57

It was on my "to do List" for many a long year....did a small one in Clifton Park in Rotherham when son was about 12...to the chorus of "Oh Mum!!".(wasn't yesterday).

I am far from fit...struggle with walking any distance....but....

So for *1st birthday (choose your own number, it was last February..)...set my heart on another one..got my insurance increased to cover "extreme sports"....and was rather miffed to find there was only me from the Dream wanting to do the zip wire!!.

The Thomson folks...kindly arranged for me to be included on the excursion from a large USA vessel berthed next door...whoo hoo...so 91 USA folks...and one Brit. So no way was I going to let the side down....

Yes the island of Antigua is beautiful..the rain forest has a perfume of its own..spicy, damp and really rather gorgeous, somewhat woody. Amazing plants...

Set up was totally safety aware....and we were kitted out, checked, checked and checked again.

Struggled to make it to the first one..up a lot of steps..and then it was away through the trees....far too fast than for me to appreciate what I really wanted to look at....it was a series of 13...different lengths...and zipping along was far far too fast for me.

Would I recommend...yes yes and yes again. Did I enjoy it? Oh yes...

Would I do it again....well there are other things on my list...what did I like the most...knowing that I really can do anything I want...and I can when it matters most...get on with it..

I wear my tee shirt..with pride....

For my next birthday...dunno yet...but I will think of something...

watch this space...

PS Maggie..I am a bit older than you...go for it....and don't take no for an answer....

Edited by ApricotSilk
spelling error!!