Port Canaveral excursion Kennedy Space Centre

3boys&alady

Is it feasible to do your own excursion to Kennedy Space centre by taxi? I've read mixed reviews. Some that say getting a taxi back to Port is impossible.

Our cruise ports for nearly 9 hours so time isn't a factor. We don't want to take the cruise line's excursion because we feel it's too long and too pricy.

Is it feasible to do your own excursion to Kennedy Space centre by taxi? I've read mixed reviews. Some that say getting a taxi back to Port is impossible.

Our cruise ports for nearly 9 hours so time isn't a factor. We don't want to take the cruise line's excursion because we feel it's too long and too pricy.

I don't know the cost of a taxi. However, you might find a rental car is less expensive than you expect. There are several rental car agencies in the area that have free shuttles to/from the port.

I have the same question... have also heard mixed reviews. Hoping to get some more responses on this thread, and Im eager to hear your experience when you return!

you CAN rent a car for the day for less than a taxi will cost and it gives you extra flexibility as to dinner ... shopping ... beach stop.

Do you know if there is a cost to park at the KSC? Are car rental facilities close to the dock?

I have the same question... have also heard mixed reviews. Hoping to get some more responses on this thread, and Im eager to hear your experience when you return!

Do you know if there is a cost to park at the KSC? Are car rental facilities close to the dock?

It cost $10 to park at KSC. There are a number of car rental agencies that offer shuttle service to the port - enterprise, thrifty and hertz. Definitely the less expensive way to KSC and you have the freedom to explore other area of cape Canaveral and cocoa beach. Good luck!