April 8th 2014, cruise to Singapore

egoldenberg

Hello, we are a group of three couples in our 50's, highly energetic, taking our 4th cruise together. ( Seabourne: Greece and Turkey, Silverseas: Spain and Portugal, Silverseas: Russia, Scandinavia)

Our upcoming cruise is : Silver Shadow on April 08, 2014 from Singapore to Hong Kong, China.

We think we might want to skip or limit the number of ship-based excursions we take, and instead hire private guides in most of the ports. Would love suggestions any any input from fellow travelers. was looking for a thread from other parties on THIS cruise, but didn't see one.

We did this cruise this past March 2013. If you want I would be happy to give you the contacts for tour guides we took in Thailand and Vietnam since this is not normally allowed on the board. Plus, I could share some personal insight to our experiences. Please give me a contact email and I will send you the information off line if you would like.

Mike

We are doing this same trip in February. We would like to know your guides for Vietnam. This is our first silver sea and also wonder about the ship tours..

Thanks In advance! Mjf@bresnan.net

Regarding the ships tours, they cover pretty much the same things you can find privately. They are a little more expensive but you do have the security of knowing they are provided By the ship so if by chance you miss the departure, the ship will get you to the next port.

That being said, we never felt that that was going to be an issue with either of these tour guides that I referenced in my response to you.

Have a great cruise!

Mike

Edited by MCCooch

• 3 months later...