food - yeah a loaded question

Can you get it prepared plainly in the MDR? An example: Plain steamed vegetables, plainly baked fish, plain baked potato.

Should I talk to someone on the ship early about my desires?

From our very first cruise it seemed to me (and has always been the case over the 14 cruises we have been on with Royal), that food issues are the ones they work the most on to satisfy cruises.

Perhaps it is because of the societal issue of allergies and fear of someone getting ill onboard or something else.

Letting the ship know prior to boarding, would make special accommodations for the first night of dinner in the MDR easier -- let's face it the first night has its own set of confusion going on many times.

On our very first cruise, when we were cruising with friends who had been on many cruises prior -- our friend discussed with our waiter her desire to have a simple salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber -- nothing else) with a balsamic or oil/vinegar salad dressing each night.....and if it could be at her place setting when everyone else was having bread -- she would appreciate it very much....Viola -- every night, as soon as the waiter saw her coming to the table, her salad was delivered.

No explanation asked for by the waiter and none given by our friend....and she had it even on the first night, when everyone else was ordering their first course.

Edited by Paulette3028

On my last cruise on the Allure, I mentioned to my waiter that I was a vegetarian and would be ordering the vegetarian entrees and, without even asking, he brought me a steamed vegetable plate with my entree. I thanked him but told him that I especially liked the broccoli and there was steamed broccoli with my dinner every night of the cruise, no matter what else I ordered. Great service!