Printing luggage tags

renee1222

Yesterday I changed cabins for a sailing in about 2 weeks. I just tried to print the new luggage tags, but they still have the old room #. Our reservation has the new info, just not the luggage tags. Will the system "catch up" in a few days and update the luggage tags? Would a call to my CVP help? I know that we can get them added at the pier, but I just prefer to have them already on and ready to go.

Yesterday I changed cabins for a sailing in about 2 weeks. I just tried to print the new luggage tags, but they still have the old room #. Our reservation has the new info, just not the luggage tags. Will the system "catch up" in a few days and update the luggage tags? Would a call to my CVP help? I know that we can get them added at the pier, but I just prefer to have them already on and ready to go.

It won't happen automatically. Call Royal and ask them to re-issue cruise docs. That should fix your tags.

You could also go to the Crown and Anchor site and do a live chat asking them to reissue your documents. AND I don't blame you ... the more I can get done before I go, the happier I am!!

Some people spend WAY too much time on here criticizing others.

If you get your e-docs re-issued, be sure to print out your documents again with the new cabin number.

If you can't get new documents printed, be sure to cross out the old cabin number and write in the new one.

On our December cruise, we changed cabins a few days before the cruise.

I had the old documents with old cabin number. During check-in, the person couldn't find our cabin keys. I then mentioned that we had a new cabin. Yes, the correct keys were there. The person crossed out the old number on the printed documents (which is what I should have done).

Now I know!

I think people greatly overestimate the complexity of getting tags from the porter. Now that they do not mail them, it is commonplace. I haven't heard of a RECENT report of any issue with it whatsoever. Sure, you can go online, send an email, or make a phone call. But don't be under the impression that you're really "saving a hassle" at curbside.

I think people greatly overestimate the complexity of getting tags from the porter. Now that they do not mail them, it is commonplace. I haven't heard of a RECENT report of any issue with it whatsoever. Sure, you can go online, send an email, or make a phone call. But don't be under the impression that you're really "saving a hassle" at curbside.

Totally disagree. Have friends who experienced the porter writing the cabin number down incorrectly (ex. 8246 instead of 8426). They did not get their bag until the following day and a lot of running around that first night trying to locate their bag.

I've changed cabins often either upgraded or upsell last minute. Like others said, best to call CVP and ask them to reissue the docs so that your luggage tag also changes.

If you must have porter give you luggage tags, make sure they write them correctly.

Totally disagree. Have friends who experienced the porter writing the cabin number down incorrectly (ex. 8246 instead of 8426). They did not get their bag until the following day and a lot of running around that first night trying to locate their bag.

I've changed cabins often either upgraded or upsell last minute. Like others said, best to call CVP and ask them to reissue the docs so that your luggage tag also changes.

If you must have porter give you luggage tags, make sure they write them correctly.

Alright, but with all due respect, I think your friends were at fault too for not checking the tags. Whenever I check a bag at the airport, I always take a look at the tag they are applying to make sure it has the correct destination airport label. Same thing at the curb. I always look and see the they are putting the correct number on my bag. I've never had it be incorrect, but if it was, I'd most certainly say something...