Carnival | Magic | May 25, 2014 | G&L

BJWill

I forget, who else is doing Anytime Dining?

I guess we'll go "somewhere" for Sail Away. Maybe one of our new FWBs (friends with balconies) will ask us over.

Oh, some cow over on the FB page called me a "geezer" for posting that everyone should keep their kids in check on the cruise. She also said she was going to make sure her kids annoyed me on the cruise because I said something about kids not having fun. Which I did not. Hmmm. I have her picture for reference. Now I have a mission. :rolleyes:

Wow...I have missed a lot!!!

Jon, glad to hear that things are turning around for you. We will have an extra round of shots to make you a little less stressed!

Doug, sorry you couldn't bring it up a level but I wouldn't stop trying until Friday! You have to have something to do to pass the time anyway and what better than talking to a Carnival rep each day.

I like the earlier atrium bar meet up as I need extra time to get tanked before muster! Last cruise we were on the Triumph and I took my protein shake blender bottle full of vodka with me and had the best muster ever. I am trying to one up myself this time! And I am sure that we will find a perfect spot to do our sail away even if that means on the aft balcony deck 8!

Those fb people and all of their posts have been driving me insane!!! Who do you think the kids learn how to be so annoying from? At least there is the serenity deck!!!

Seriously they put the serenity deck next to the water slide?? That doesn't seem like logical space planning! Oh well have another round and hopefully we will luck up on one of those hot tubs that hang off the side of the ship!

Actually, it's not that bad. There is enough space separation between the two, divided by screened partitions. And the serenity deck hot tubs are preferable to the ones on the lanai, imho. And don't discount the water slide. Tony & I make a few trips down it every time. A good way to cool off.

We didn't do the water slide yet, but I promised Mike we would this time. Looks like a lot of fun.

We toured the Serenity Deck but by the time we got up there, all the lounges had been taken. It was all straight couples kanoodling and pawing each other like no one could see them...disgusting! Made Michael Sams and his b/f look like kindergarden play! There are some hunky daddies on board, that's for sure though.

We started packing last night. A couple days early, but Mike got out the iron to press a few things and it was all down hill from there. Oh well.

Ok, I decided not to take beads. Not going to bother with it. May change my mind. I'd rather concentrate on getting "tanked" with BJ.

The serenity deck hot tubs it will be then! We will surely outnumber the kanoodling couples so we can jump in and either make new friends or run them off because of my speedos. I may try the slide depending on how many drink of the days that I have!

Packing? You mean we have to pack?? Minor detail overlooked...maybe I will have time for that on Friday. We hit the road for Galveston at 6:00am on Saturday morning so I better get on the ball!

BJ, be careful with your gown. You want to look good for formal night!

Speedo? Yum! Not me! Commando definitely, but no banana hammock. I used to wear one...30 years ago.

Be careful driving. Have fun in Galveston Saturday night!

I think the most formal you'll get out of me will be slacks and a tie...maybe a bowtie but not real sure about that.

You wont be seeing me in a speedo. Even if I had the body I would want a little left to the imagination good, bad or indifferent.

Speaking of going out in Galveston...any recommendations?

We packed and fought last night. We don't know why, but it is impossible for us to pack and not argue. I think it is because I am an engineer and borderline OCD and Mike is...well, not. Anyway, it's done. And we didn't pack less than last time as planned.

I think there are only 3 gay bars in Galveston. There is a bar we like on the seawall at like 29th street. It was called Stars but it may have changed names recently. There is a drag bar down on Post Office, very near the cruise terminal, at about 25th street. I cannot remember the name. There is one more neighborhood bar but I haven't been there in years. It will be a crowded holiday weekend for sure. I'm sure you'll have fun.

Thanks Jon, that makes me feel much better that I am not the only one with packing left to do!

Who needs sanity?? One of my favorite quotes from a childhood movie... "Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are!"

I have a bit of an OCD issue as well and Todd does not at all...packing is very stressful in our house too!

Oh, and fyi - - if you haven't already experienced this . . Saturday and/or Sunday morning you will probably get an email or text from Carnival telling you not to arrive at the port before 11:00am (or something like that). Ignore it. Everyone gets those. It's Carnival's way of helping spread out the arrivals at the port to avoid congestion. We got 4 of those last cruise in Feb. Just get there when you want.

I must not be on Carnival's friend list because they haven't sent me any suggestions or recommendations to pack or arrive...should I take it as they don't want me to come?!? Did one of you forewarn them about my threats to karaoke, or speedo??

Not sure on the communication thing. I know the text alerts are set up when you do the online check in. But the general email blasts may be generated through your vifp account. Did you book online? Do you manage your booking online?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

I just check online and its because I was smart enough to put Todd's email and not mine...he can deal with that stuff :D

This will be my last post also, since we head out first thing in the morning. See you guys on Sunday!