About carrying on soda

Island Crazed

I have seen pictures on reviews on here where people took the 12 pack box of pop and just "carried it on" on top of their rolling carry on suitcase (for example wrigley80's review of the Imagination here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41100453&postcount=76 ) rather then actually packing it INSIDE of carry on luggage.

I assume this will be all dependent on the staff and security at the port embarkation point so can vary widely. That said it is what we will be attempting to do if we take a rolling carry on. Other wise I have a soft sided small cooler that will fit the Carnival description from http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510:

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

• Large coolers

(Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)

Another question to add to the soda issue. Is it ok to take a bottle or can into the dining room? We wont need a bunch of soda, however my husband likes to have one with dinner.

Maybe on a casual night but I would still feel cheap taking a soda to my table in the MDR but that may just be me. My wife likes a soda sometimes and I'll order one from the bar along with a manhattan for me.

So far we've only been on three cruises with Carnival and all three times we sent a 12 pack in a separate unlocked checked duffel bag. Just to ensure no major leakage issues we always take the extra large zip lock bags and place the case inside and seal the bag good. So far we've never had any delays or had any problems. On one occasion, they did open the case to check, but when it arrived in our room it was back in the zip lock back and tightly sealed.

So no major issues here sending it with checked luggage.

So far we've only been on three cruises with Carnival and all three times we sent a 12 pack in a separate unlocked checked duffel bag. Just to ensure no major leakage issues we always take the extra large zip lock bags and place the case inside and seal the bag good. So far we've never had any delays or had any problems. On one occasion, they did open the case to check, but when it arrived in our room it was back in the zip lock back and tightly sealed.

So no major issues here sending it with checked luggage.

Another one who thinks rules don't apply to them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app