Are 2 passengers usually cheaper then 3?

nstraveller

Looks to me like the difference is that the room for 2 is an upper/lower. If you move to a regular interior room it's an additional $40 pp.

If you try to book 3 people, the upper/lower option is not available, so the extra $40 pp is added on automatically.

Edited by bandtaxi

I find it amazing that anyone could think that booking three people would be cheaper than booking two.

A couple of years ago, they changed the pricing. It use to be that the first two people booked in a cabin paid (as an example) $500 each. The third person paid $400 and the fourth person paid $300. For some reason they now add the four people and divide by four, making each person pay the same.

For that reason, it now looks like it costs more for two than it does for four. Overall, the cost is the same for the cabin, it just looks like it's more for the first two.

Looks to me like the difference is that the room for 2 is an upper/lower. If you move to a regular interior room it's an additional $40 pp.

If you try to book 3 people, the upper/lower option is not available, so the extra $40 pp is added on automatically.

If the room for 2 is an upper/lower, that's a 1A, not a 4H.