Our experience with wine brought on board

Maybe we got lucky, or monitoring this is totally inconsistent ship by ship.

We just recently cruised the 3 day Bahamas trip on the Majesty. It is our first time doing a quick weekend getaway, as we usually do the weeklong trips. In the past, we have bought the alcohol beverage package as in our "calculations" we end up very close to breaking even. But this is post is not to discuss the beverage package.

Being a 3 day trip, the beverage package is unavailable. So we took 4 bottles of wine, and 2 of champagne on board: Myself, DW, DS (21), DD (celebrating her 16th), and 2 of her girlfriends. We had 3 cabins, 3 adults, so we were allowed 6 bottles. We were fully aware of the $25 corkage fee policies.

3 nights = 3 dinners in the MDR. So we took 2 bottles of wine the first day. Red wine, not needed to be chilled. We opened and served the first one ourselves before even meeting our server. When that one ran out they opened the second bottle for us, brought us clean glasses, etc. Did not discuss corkage fees and we left without them bringing us the bill.

Night 2 we brought a champagne bottle chilled in our room fridge (which I noticed was much colder than previous ships). Also took another bottle of red. Upon arriving at the MDR, our server took the champagne and put it on ice, and through the evening served us the champagne and the red wine. Again, no corkage fee. I told our server I had another champagne bottle for the final evening and he told me to take it to him about 45 minutes before dinner.

Night 3 I went to the MDR at 5:45PM. Just entered through the closed doors and found our guy. Took the champagne and started to chill it. When we got there for dinner it was perfect, and included our last bottle of red wine. Again, no mention of a corkage fee even though everything was done in the open and all 6 bottles were opened at the table.

The wine and champagne made our bar bill go way down, and saving potentially $150 in corkage fee was really nice. Of course, I know they expected a nice tip and they sure got it.

Moral of the story, seems to be hit or miss. But with 6 bottles in a 6 person (3 adult) table in 3 nights - I think we got a grandslam :)