Brides who have or are currently using Janelle from Island Bliss

Bo59rt

I am leaving for the ship in exactly 9 weeks from today. Our wedding is April 1st when we are in St. Thomas. I have been slowly going back and forth with Janelle about more of the detailed set-ups and so forth.

She is starting to make me nervous. Whenever I ask her a question about availability for certain aspects of my wedding she answers me with incorrect information.

examples - I asked about the pricing for an arch. She said our site wouldn't accommodate it. We never talked about the site she mentioned, and I had to correct her that we are at brewers bay beach. I have had to correct

I keep trying to talk flower arrangements and prices for upgrades to try and match my inspiration picture. she only sends me arrangements that are included in my package, even though she said to discuss pricing for flowers whenever.

Now, I know she is busy. seems like she is getting more and more brides just from reading recent threads here. And I'm coming down to the wire so I'm getting nervous, period.

So question is.... has anyone else had experiences of her getting big things mixed up when discussing the wedding? :confused::confused: I mean the venue is something to keep track of. I know she is raved about and I have been very trusting in her so far but she is scaring me with these last few correspondences.

I am currently using Janelle for my wedding next month. I received my flower confirmation last week and she was requesting my choice of color for flowers. I thought it was funny, because I had already given her this information but in her email it said I hadn't given it to her yet. I just brushed it off and sent it off to her again, she is human and can overlook things so it didn't overly worry me. I know she sends another confirmation email a month prior, so I'm waiting for that one to see if all the details I had given her prior will be included in this email. I've heard nothing but good things about her so I'm trusting it will all turn out. I do know she had just computer issues recently so that could be a factor as to why she didnt have all of your information correct at the time.

I'm sure it will all turn out fine:)

I can understand human error. But my faith in her is waning. This morning I was told the beach we agreed on 9 months ago, is no longer a desirable beach due to local activity and trash ect. Now I have to look at spending as extra 500+ if I want a beach wedding. My other option is to have the ceremony at my reception site.

She has been lovely to deal with until this weekend when my whole wedding has been turned upside down. And I have been an advocate for her to new brides on the boards, I'm starting to regret that. I am happy I am hearing about this now with time to change but if I never emailed her I wouldn't have known until a month before (instead of two). As she put it....she forgot. And then what if it went to last minute? Invites have already gone out and now I have to deal with explaining to everyone that is/would fly down that it's not what we planned.

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

Now you've got me a bit worried...which beach were you planning your wedding at? I wouldn't be happy if my location was no longer usable and I was never notified ASAP so I don't blame you for worrying. I hope for your sake this is the only error, and that everything else goes as planned....weddings are stressful enough!

We were planning on having the ceremony on brewers bay beach since it is closest to our reception site at villa botanica. She says we can do magens bay at an extra $14 dollars a person plus 100 dollar site fee, on top of the already $20 a person we are already paying for a beach wedding (at brewers).

You know I really just thought it was me, but I can't seem to get a straight answer from her about anything, she always emails back, but seems to lack any answers. We are having a very simple 2 person ceremony, I booked her based on everyone's great reviews, but I'm not thrilled with the service. Our wedding should be super easy to plan, but I feel very blown off and forgotten!

You know I really just thought it was me, but I can't seem to get a straight answer from her about anything, she always emails back, but seems to lack any answers. We are having a very simple 2 person ceremony, I booked her based on everyone's great reviews, but I'm not thrilled with the service. Our wedding should be super easy to plan, but I feel very blown off and forgotten!

I think she is taking on more clients than she can handle. I just asked about all the paperwork that has to be completed for our marriage license and she replied back that I should have gotten all of that already.... well I didn't and I'm pretty sure she is the only one who will send this to me. I'm letting some of this go but if I get treated this way during the month before (where she states she go over every aspect of everything) I will be very very very upset. I know as of right now I have put much more work into this wedding then she has.

I used Janelle from Island Bliss. I was married October 3rd 2012. I had a great experience with her and her husband who officiated the wedding. She took care of everything for me, and my flowers that I upgraded were perfect. The only detail that went wrong was the one I planned myself. If you have any questions I am more than willing to answer.

• 1 month later...

Well more is getting nailed down. Now it's just the invoice (we changed A LOT with the package). My personal record of everything was much more detailed then what she sent me when I asked. I think it's because to her not everything ask gotten the "is that your final answer" yet. She is vacationing so I'm hoping as soon as she comes back I will be getting more detailed attention. The wedding is three weeks away! I'm a planner and a half and I think our styles just don't sync well. I have high hopes and feel like she will deliver. I just can't be upset if it's not exactly what I was picturing. since it's not really a hands on way to a approach a wedding when you have it 1000 miles away.

Well more is getting nailed down. Now it's just the invoice (we changed A LOT with the package). My personal record of everything was much more detailed then what she sent me when I asked. I think it's because to her not everything ask gotten the "is that your final answer" yet. She is vacationing so I'm hoping as soon as she comes back I will be getting more detailed attention. The wedding is three weeks away! I'm a planner and a half and I think our styles just don't sync well. I have high hopes and feel like she will deliver. I just can't be upset if it's not exactly what I was picturing. since it's not really a hands on way to a approach a wedding when you have it 1000 miles away.

Good Luck to you, I hope it all turns out great. I still can't get an email with full answers to my questions. I just laid it out to her in the nicest way I could muster, I'm really over this. I know I'm an OCD, control freak, but this is beyond ridiculous. I'm trying to balance my princess taste with what's in the spectrum of reasonable for a 10 minute, 2 person ceremony and I can't do that without the information. UGH I never saw this coming and I hope I'm just being overly nervous lol maybe she's busy making your day totally PERFECT! Lol I totally hope so!