Hotels near Bayport?

trvlgrl64

Hi,

This is one confusing port! Each time I search for info I get different addresses, even different cities and MapQuest isn't much help either.

We will be coming from New Orleans so will take 1-10 and then at some point head south (if anyone knows how we do that it would be great info!). Most of the hotels I'm finding are south of Bayport. Can anyone recommend something north that would be on our way?

Thanks!

Barri

My DW and I live in the Clear Lake area so we don't stay in the hotels and can't give you much help on that experience. One exception to this is The South Shore Harbor Resort in League City on the South side of the lake. It's got a pool, boating, a golf course plus it's a short drive to the Boardwalk and NASA. There's also the Hilton Clear Lake across the street from NASA and on the lake. One other option would be The Boardwalk Inn on the Kemah Boardwalk. These would be the top of the line in the area as far as cost, amenities and location but with the exception of The South Shore Harbor Resort we haven't slept in them.

If it's a better price you're looking for the area is full of most of the major hotel / motel brands and as long as you're in the Clear Lake area I can't think of a bad location or street.

With the kids, the two options you've already mentioned should be great and take up most of your two days. One day to tour Space Center Houston with all it's kid friendly interaction then one day at the Kemah Boardwalk with all the rides and carnival attractions should leave you with two tired kidos.

You simply take I10 to TX 146 and go south to "Port Rd" and take that east right to the port. Very simple. There are hotels in LaPorte (before you get to the port). Or you can just stay on I10 in the Baytown area. (Then you can just take spur 330 south to Tx146 and follow to port). It is just a short drive from I10 to the port. 10-15 min tops depending of you catch any red lights.