Frequent cruisers and ship photography

clinthi

We like to buy a few pictures from each cruise but we are finding that every photog regardless of ship use the SAME poses. We tried asking for different poses or requesting we pose differently but the photographers either became confused or agitated. We love that the backgrounds are updated frequently but would love to see some variety in how they pose our family.

Do you have any suggestions or pictures to share where you were able to get different poses? We are looking for some ideas before our next cruise. Thanks!

We like to buy a few pictures from each cruise but we are finding that every photog regardless of ship use the SAME poses. We tried asking for different poses or requesting we pose differently but the photographers either became confused or agitated. We love that the backgrounds are updated frequently but would love to see some variety in how they pose our family.

Do you have any suggestions or pictures to share where you were able to get different poses? We are looking for some ideas before our next cruise. Thanks!

My husband is a photographer and from what I see, the photographers on the ship, while good at what they do, are taught to do something one way. It is easier to streamline people in the same pose or have just a few variations. The lights are set up that way too. I would still try to ask them to do your pose your way. After all, you are the customer. But like you acknowledge, they seem confused when you ask for something different.

My suggestion is, know what you want before it's your turn in line and pose yourself. Also bring an example pose so you can show him/her what you want. Even just a photocopy to show the posing. That way any language barrier would be gone. It can also be loud and busy, so they feel rushed. I have many times seen fun and different photos, so they can and will do them, it just might not always be convienient for them,

We don't do the posed photos, except when they come to our table on formal nights, for some reason my husband buys those. I don't know why, they are never very good. We tend to take our own photos, which is easy for my husband to do. There is always someone willing to shoot for you, and then I offer to get one of them when they are done.

I've found some of the are more willing to play around than others! On one cruise we went around just chatting with the photographers to see who had a personality that meshed with ours.

Once we found one, we had a hoot!! Some of the photos were the poses they are "supposed" to do - but we got a lot of interesting poses that weren't your usual cruise ship pictures!

One of my favourites is one of me and my friend in front of that background that is supposed to look like you are standing on the deck - they had us pretending to throw one another overboard! Very fun!