[B]What is the most important/helpful thing you bring on your cruise?[/B]

Alley1908

Aside from the Passport and Credit Card, which someone else mentioned above (heck - with those, I can probably buy anything else I forgot in a port… :D ), I'd say the most important item I pack is my small fan and extension cord.

I have a lot of trouble sleeping in silence - any random noise in the area will wake me up, and a cruise ship has a LOT of random noises, ranging from ship movement sounds, to people running up and down the hall. A small fan puts out pink noise which masks out other ambient sounds and makes it very easy for me to sleep.

Aside from the Passport and Credit Card, which someone else mentioned above (heck - with those, I can probably buy anything else I forgot in a port… :D ), I'd say the most important item I pack is my small fan and extension cord.

I have a lot of trouble sleeping in silence - any random noise in the area will wake me up, and a cruise ship has a LOT of random noises, ranging from ship movement sounds, to people running up and down the hall. A small fan puts out pink noise which masks out other ambient sounds and makes it very easy for me to sleep.

I just read a post a few days ago about a fan and cord being taken out of checked baggage and returned when cruise was over. We too sleep with a fan. Do you pack yours in carry-on?

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

I always take my packing tape and believe it or not, a flattened box from the post office. The box that is " if it fits it ships". We took the med/transatlantic cruise and had so many souviners that when we got to our hotel in NOLA we packed the box full of things we didn't need and headed to the post office sent it home. We also did this on our Hawaii cruise. Last stop was Maui, sent things home. Cheaper than overweight luggage. Lastly, on the last cruise I took command strips with hooks. I love organization.

What type organizer do you use and what type hook? We have used the over the door shoe holder type for the bathroom door and it has worked awesomely! However, we are now taking our grandson with us on our next cruise and really need to be able to shut that bathroom door! :eek:

I don't know how to describe the organizers I have. One is a shoe organizer, one is really a make up case that folds up and has a hanger attached, and the other is just soft with pockets and also has a hanger (like a clothes hanger) attached. I have purchased them at various places, one in a cosmetics store. One is dollar tree. One at target maybe. I don't prefer one over the other. maybe try ebay?