[B]What is the most important/helpful thing you bring on your cruise?[/B]

Alley1908

I have to be honest I don't remember where I picked this one up but I believe you can find them bed bath and beyond/ possibly walmart???

image.jpg.8d5720dada88ab16df754b8b10b903cb.jpg

remember this has two sides, the hanger swivels great for hanging in a closet for easy access to both sides. When I am not traveling with it I just hang it in the closet in the spare bedroom.

Downey wrinkle release! :p My things end up a mess after being crammed in a suitcase.

Just a tip--Try rolling your clothes instead of folding them. I used to travel frequently for work and heard about rolling shirts, pants and even suit jackets. A lot less wrinkles and it seems there is more room in the suitcase. :D

Pepto Bismol, and/or Lomotil; I was on the Magic last week, and the 3rd day (Wed) into the cruise, I got some kind of g.i. bug-belly aches, diarreha (it was NOT food poisioning, or Norovirus, so these can be ruled out);I spent nearly the rest of the cruise in my cabin; I ran out of Peptol Bismol tablets I had brought with me-they did not sell either of these in the gift shop, and the medical clinic on the ship wouldn't sell the lomotil, unless you had a consult with the doctor, at which point you would probably be put into isolation (which for the most part, this is what I was already doing, as I wasn't eating, or feeling well enough to attend any of the ship activities); this same nurse/clerk? suggested that I "go into town" (by this time it was Fri., and we we were in Cozumel)and buy the lomotil there;so, that was the only "shore excursion" I had. Sorry, for rambling so much:o....From what I saw, The Magic is a beautiful ship.......:cool:

My absolute must bring is this pocket pouch. It is magnetic and can be hooked on the waistband of your pants/shorts/capris on the inside to hide money, room key or medication just in case something happens. It also helps to not keep all your money in one location like your wallet or purse. yhyhy7eh.jpgy6udynub.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a tip--Try rolling your clothes instead of folding them. I used to travel frequently for work and heard about rolling shirts, pants and even suit jackets. A lot less wrinkles and it seems there is more room in the suitcase. :D

I've always wondered if you got more space using this method.. I am an "overpacked" so maybe I'll try rolling them to get some extra space for a pair of shoes are two!!

We bring along a bottle of Emetrol, liquid over-the-counter anti-nausea medicine. It is for morning sickness during pregnancy, but kids can have it too. You can take it every 15 min. We use this at home as well. It's at Walgreens for $10.

Rolling clothes is a great way to prevent wrinkles too. When I cruised with small kids, I had them pick out an outfiet for each day--shirt, pants, underwear, socks etc--roll the set together and pack. Unpacked, each set took up very little space. When they were getting dressed they didn't have to match tops/bottms as they were already in a roll pack.

I got the over-the-door-shoe-thingie at Walmart and it only lasted 2 cruises, very flimsy. Got the next at Publix (Fla. groceries) and it's lasted over 10 trips. I use the hooks it came with and the BR door closes with no problem. Mine stays packed and on the BR closet door. I add to it if I think of something. It's the last thing I put in the suitcase so I don't forget my makeup and brush. When I get on board it goes up first, my clothes, still on hangars, go up and the rest on the shelf. It takes me no more than 5 minutes to unpack!

I always take a few plastic garbage bags for wet suits or the collapsable cooler for the drive home.

My absolute must bring is this pocket pouch. It is magnetic and can be hooked on the waistband of your pants/shorts/capris on the inside to hide money, room key or medication just in case something happens. It also helps to not keep all your money in one location like your wallet or purse. yhyhy7eh.jpgy6udynub.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great idea! Where do you get this?

On our recent all inclusive I was worried about wrinkles in the clothes we packed.

So I went online and purchased some packing cubes and a very light 18" packing folder. OMG it was heaven. All the dress clothes that went in the folder had no wrinkles at all. The packing cubes just fit in the drawers and as the clothes started to get used I rearranged dirty/clean in the cubes.

When we had to pack to leave there was little to do but throw the cubes in the luggage and re-fold the dress clothes into the folder (or if they were dirty you didn't even have to worry about that!

We also prefer to use plastic Freezer size bags to organize our things. The extra large ones are perfect for packing wet swim suits!

What I will do differently this trip - pack the carry on so we have what we need at the pre-cruise hotel and for embarkation day. Hated having to open the large luggage for stuff.

Call cruise line ahead so they can have distilled water in your room for your machine (cheap like huge jug for $5)

Also bring a surge protector and extension cord. I also bring a metal coat hanger and 3m wall clip. I hang the hanger on the wall clip, then fish my tubing thru the hanger so it moves with me when I roll over in the night.:D

One item I have been very thankful for on our cruises is our hanging organizer. We bring 2 and put one in closet, and hang one in the room on a hook on the wall. I put everything in it from our sign and sail cards (that are on lanyards) to small bills for tips. When room service comes, I just simply grap some cash from the organizer on the wall. We always take our kids, so stuff can get mixed up and misplaced easily. Also things like meds, pens, fun times, cell phone, sunscreen, sunglasses can be put there and easily found when you need them.

I always take one organizer for the bathroom door. That has been a blessing. I never thought about a second one. That's a good idea!!

Spaniel Lover did a recent review and I saw in one of his pictures his bathing suit hanging in the shower. He put the clothesline that extends from one side to the other through the leg of the suit so he didn't need clothes pins and didn't drape in on itself which makes it take a long time to dry.

Now why didn't I think of that!?!?!?

Before your cruise make sure you check with your cellphone carrier about data plan and messaging useage & rates. Decide if you want to use a smartphone while in a foreign port. If not, make sure all data useage and messaging is turned off for the ENTIRE duration of your cruise, (it's easy to forget to turn it off if you put it on during the middle of the cruise.)

If you don't get an overseas package b4 you embark, you might be shocked to see some enormous charges when your next monthly bill comes. I've known a few parents whose kids racked up 500-1000 bucks.

Just check with your carrier and find out all the info b4 your cruise.

I am cruising The Magic on June 8th!! I know there are many seasoned and veteran cruiser that bring things that make cruising experience better.. These boards are pretty helpful and last year someone mentioned bringing clothes pins to hang wet swimsuits on the balcony and this was a very helpful tip...

I always bring a supply of over the counter medications like alka seltzer, pepto, stuff for any kind of upset stomach. This knocks out the inevitable hangovers and I don't have to go to medical and have them decide I have noro virus and make me stay in my room.