FLL hotel suggestions

masspector

Leave May 3 so need a one night pre-cruise May 2. Checked threads here and tripadvisor. Narrowed my choice to these three. Will list MY concerns about each. Anyone with experience with these hotels or a suggestion for a similar place I may have missed.

Holiday Inn Express (Airport) TA rating 26 $117/nt

Hot breakfast is good. Shuttle to cruise port costs extra.

Comfort Suites (Airport) TA rating 34 $107/nt

Shuttle to cruise port extra.

Rodeway Inn TA rating 58 $75/nt

Price is great and airport and cruise port shuttle are free. I do not mind budget feel as long as room is clean. It sounds like cruise shuttle departure is a cattle call and it may take a long time to get to the port (several R/T's of the shuttle and you may not be on the first one). Another negative is reviewers said they had to wait at the airport a long time for the shuttle.

Thank you

Pesonally I wouldnt even consider Rodeway Inn. Value Trips is advertising Hyatt Place Convention Center for $99.00. Great location, near restalurants and port. Very popular with cruisers.

Thanks for the tip! Just tried the reservation through Value Trips - crossing my fingers it is available :)

We stayed at comfort suites on federal. Is that the one you listed. If so, we were very pleased. Extremely good breakfast, clean and free shuttle to/from airport. Total wine and restaurants walking distance. If you stay there please post and I can tell you short cut to total wine/ Publix.

We will be staying at the Comfort Suites on Federal next week. I would like to know the short cut to Total Wine and also what restaurants besides Outback and Ernie's Bar B Q are nearby. Thank you in advance.

I also submitted a reservation request. Have not heard back yet. Thanks for the tips.

Mass it usually takes 2-3 business days to hear back .. I submitted mine on. A Friday an heard back by Wednesday . Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mass it usually takes 2-3 business days to hear back .. I submitted mine on. A Friday an heard back by Wednesday . Best of luck

It has been about a week now and I emailed them too. No response. I also need two nights post cruise. I submitted that as a separate request this weekend.

I can get Hilton Garden Inn for a little less than Hyatt Place with my Govt rate. Only problem is they do not have free breakfast.

About to get disgusted with this value trips and book Hilton.

It has been about a week now and I emailed them too. No response. I also need two nights post cruise. I submitted that as a separate request this weekend.

I can get Hilton Garden Inn for a little less than Hyatt Place with my Govt rate. Only problem is they do not have free breakfast.

About to get disgusted with this value trips and book Hilton.

Wow that's a long time an no response . I know when you get the email it's from value trips . Have you checked out your spam ?

Wow that's a long time an no response . I know when you get the email it's from value trips . Have you checked out your spam ?

Yep, checked spam. No luck. I called and left a message last night. Going to give it until the end of the week and then book something else. Only problem is I cannot find a good place with a reasonable rate that is just a reservation. They all want prepay or a deposit. I refuse to do that.

Yep, checked spam. No luck. I called and left a message last night. Going to give it until the end of the week and then book something else. Only problem is I cannot find a good place with a reasonable rate that is just a reservation. They all want prepay or a deposit. I refuse to do that.

Mass check out hotels.com they have some you can pay now or at hotel it gives you both choices .

Yeah. I got my first night precruise confirmation from Value trips. They said system problems? Yeah right. Now just waiting for the two night post cruise. Thx for the help

You're welcome.. Hopefully it doesn't take as long for post cruise .

Got second confirmation email for post cruise nights. So we are set. Finally, a decent hotel for a good price, free breakfast, free airport shuttle, close to cruise port , and just a reservation. Who knew vacation planning would become this difficult? Almost takes all of the fun out of it.

Edited by masspector

Got second confirmation email for post cruise nights. So we are set. Finally, a decent hotel for a good price, free breakfast, free airport shuttle, close to cruise port , and just a reservation. Who knew vacation planning would become this difficult? Almost takes all of the fun out of it.

Glad everything fell into place for you . Now just sit back an wait for you're cruise date . :)

Am I reading this correctly on value trip for the hyatt it is 99.00 plus the tax?

For two people only ,so If i have two kisa its another 20 bucks a nite?

Hi golfer , the 99.00 is right an for4 people in a room it's 119.00 plus tax a night .