MSC Divina - Priest on Board - Easter Weekend

Darriny

I was wondering if anyone heard if the MSC Divina will have a Catholic Priest on board for Easter Weekend.

If anyone has inquired about it or if anyone went over Christmas and can recall please let us know.

Thanks

Edited by Darriny

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone heard if the MSC Divina will have a Catholic Priest on board for Easter Weekend.

If anyone has inquired about it or if anyone went over Christmas and can recall please let us know.

Thanks

I really do not know the answer to this, but over the past 5 years with various cruise lines there has never been a pastor or priest sponsored by the cruise line. On most that cruise over a Sunday there has been a passenger that was a member of the clergy that notified the cruise line of their interest to do a service and it was honored. That being said I doubt they will have one scheduled. Then again being an Italian Line maybe. I would e-mail customer service and maybe they can help better. It's a shame it seems like a lost agenda. If they do have a service it will be posted in the daily paper.

Thanks

I was just checking other treads and on page 4 near the bottom there was a thread regarding Catholic Service. A few posts indicated that they did have an Easter & Christmas service on board. It appears it became to costly to keep a full time priest aboard and there was conflict with various faiths. I do miss a regular service, but believe God knows what's in your heart. Good luck and God Bless.

I'm pretty sure this came up a month ago and was answered by MSC USA in the negative.

Personally, I can't see there being such an abundance of Catholic priests that some can cheerfully pack their suitcases and leave their parishes behind on such a busy weekend in order to have a nice cruise, oh...and say a Mass for those who want to have their holiday AND tick the devout catholic box as well.

...b eing Catholic you will of course know that its a grave sin to miss Sunday Mass - especially Easter Sunday. :p

(2042) ...The third precept ("You shall receive the sacrament of the Eucharist at least during the Easter season") guarantees as a minimum the reception of the Lord's Body and Blood in connection with the Paschal feasts, the origin and center of the Christian liturgy.

(2180) The precept of the Church specifies the law of the Lord more precisely: “On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound to participate in the Mass.” ”The precept of participating in the Mass is satisfied by assistance at a Mass which is celebrated anywhere in a Catholic rite either on the holy day or on the evening of the preceding day.”

(2181) The Sunday Eucharist is the foundation and confirmation of all Christian practice. For this reason the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation, unless excused for a serious reason (for example, illness, the care of infants) or dispensed by their own pastor. Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit a grave sin.

- Catechism of the Catholic Church

Personally, I wouldn't bother worrying about it. Have a great cruise!