Which side of ship?

We were on port side of the AOS 6-26-2005 sailing. At some ports we had the view and at others we did not. It depends on which direction the ship is when it docks. The ship does not always dock with one particular side facing the land, or the water for that matter.

Thinking about booking the Serenade.......Southern route........which side of ship for best views?

Thanks,

Carol

It depends which itinerary you are on. I have always found the port side to better. In St. Thomas and St. Marteen especially, you will have gorgeous views of the open bay if you are on the Port Side. It is up to you though. I don't know about Aruba, Curacao, and St. Lucia. Barbados was port side as well, if you prefer views of the open sea rather than buildings and dockyard. Good Luck! :)

pd9845...I used to drink a lot of Snapple, even went to their first (and probably only) convention. Great fun.

The ParrotHeads...We were on the port side of AOS and only had a view of the dock itself in St. Thomas, not of the open bay and island as on the starboard side. We were docked with the aft end facing the island. Maybe it depends on the direction they dock or the actual dock that is used. Aruba, we were facing the island. Curacao, we were facing the island. St Martin, I'm unfortunately having a "sometimers moment" and cannot remember for the life of me.

Bottom line is: it is a coin toss, you do not know which way boat will dock at which port...

However, the good news that bad day on a boat beats any good day anywhere else... So flip a coin and have a blast....

Archived