Tobacco Bay

walkerer

My husband, 18 month old and I will be cruising to Bermuda for the first time over July 4th. We plan to visit Horseshoe Bay, but based on what I have read, Tobacco Bay sounds like another great beach to visit. Can anyone share if they have chairs/umbrellas to rent, food facilities on the beach or nearby, and how best to get there? Thanks!

Are you going to Tobacco Bay to snorkel because that is what it is good for, shallow and well protected. TB has a small beach; there are much nicer beaches elsewhere.

TB offers full facilities. It is near St George which is a 40 minute ferry ride from where you will be docked.

If you want facilities, Horseshoe Bay is your best choice, or would you consider a day pass at a nearby beach resort?

SBtS

Are you going to Tobacco Bay to snorkel because that is what it is good for, shallow and well protected. TB has a small beach; there are much nicer beaches elsewhere.

TB offers full facilities. It is near St George which is a 40 minute ferry ride from where you will be docked.

If you want facilities, Horseshoe Bay is your best choice, or would you consider a day pass at a nearby beach resort?

SBtS

Saw this really good photo of Tobacco Bay Beach on another CC forum. Was posted by member jayoldschool. As I wrote in my original post - small beach:

tobacco-bay-beach.jpg

SBtS

My husband, 18 month old and I will be cruising to Bermuda for the first time over July 4th. We plan to visit Horseshoe Bay, but based on what I have read, Tobacco Bay sounds like another great beach to visit. Can anyone share if they have chairs/umbrellas to rent, food facilities on the beach or nearby, and how best to get there? Thanks!

I vote for Horseshoe Bay because you will have all the services ( changing room, bathroom, shower, rentals, refreshments and drop off right on the sand of the beach ).

For you to enjoy the water with your 18 months, when you arrive on the beach on your right there is a cove, shallow water with rocks to break the waves...many travelers calls it the kids beach.

The proximity of the cruise ships docked at the Dockyard makes it ideal...you will save at least an hour of travelling time compared to TB.

St-Georges is far from the Dockyard but WELL worth it to visit via ferry. Don't skip it, figure about 3 hours to visit it.

Have fun !

Edited by sebas030