Thomson "Virgins" on Celebration in February!

Hello all experienced Thomson Celebration Cruisers.

My wife and I, both just about 60 years old, out on 14th Feb for 2 weeks on Celebration and have a cabin on deck 9 with a balcony. We are all inclusive and have only booked one trip which is in Agadir to the Cidadel of Taroudant and the shuttle bus in Fuertaventura, then just plan to do our own thing at all other ports.

Some great info within the forum but simply ask all who have experience of Celebration recently to please provide a "best tip" or two that would help us enjoy our cruise that wee bit more - it can be about anything from drinks, food, service, entertainment, best times for this and avoid that then, where to go off ship, bargains etc. As we are back to back cruises we visit all ports except Agadir and Fuertaventura twice so what we miss week one we can pick up on the second week but would like some advice re Madeira.

I have heard that service can be improved if a tip is given at the start of the cruise to cabin steward and MDR waiter for wine service (if you use the same table) any thoughts on this?

Jorjababygirl. ;)