Sky Suite #6131 On The Constellation - Need Info

Kitycaty

Does anyone have decent photos from a previous cruise of Sky Suite 6131 on the Connie? I'd also appreciate knowing the exact dimensions of the suite and balcony if anyone has them, i.e., how much larger than a regular Sky Suite it is, and its balcony is? My travel agent says that Celebrity will have to E-mail the ship in order to get these dimensions, which may take awhile...

We're in the process of negotiating for this suite for our forthcoming cruise.

Many thanx,

B.J. :)

Thanx muchly, Bananavan, I appreciate your efforts on my behalf...but I'm looking for actual photos of Suite 6131 on the CONNIE, so I can see how it's ACTUALLY furnished and the configuration of the suite and balcony.

If anyone happens to have "personal" photos of this suite scanned online anywhere from a previous cruise, or knows where to locate same, I'd be very grateful for a link!

Sincerely,

B.J.

The Constellation and Infinty have the same deck configurations.

You will be able to see that if you look at the deck plans. They are both part of the Millenium series.

What good will seeing the EXACT cabin do for you if they change the beadspreads or furnishings before you cruise?

In our experience, there's no deviation from the customary furnishings in the staterooms and suites on these ships unless the ship is completely reoutfitted. If this were to happen, of course, any previous photos would be inaccurate. I'm hoping that someone who has cruised in this suite recently, may have taken photos of the suite so I can see what we're booking! There aren't any photos of the inside of the suite on the link to which you sent me, only the balcony from what I can see, but this is very helpful too, and I thank you again! :-)

I actually have that cabin booked for my two cruises (actually 6131 for one, 6132 for the other, just opposite sides of the ship)

Don't know if you can wait until September to get the pictures, but I'll have some then.

It appears on the deckplan that 6131 and 32 balconnies are larger than a traditional SS but does not inecessarily appear so in the photos below. Has anyone actually stayed in 6131 or 6132. Is the balcpony larger (it appears to be an odd shape) and is cabin any bigger of smaller. Bottom line I am booked in SS6118, am I better off there or in 6132 which is also available

tHE LINK IN Post# 7 HAS PICTURES OF THE BALCONY OF 6131. Does it appear bigger than other SS suites; does the picture of the Suite itself look different than other SS suites. Bottom line: which is better

No Kity - promise it's not on your sailings! (I saw what happened to you and Bostom).

stuNYC - I've done a bunch of research on this cabin. I originally had my November cruise booked on the Constellation and had read that this was one of those secret cabins with more space and a bigger balcony. It is larger both in cabin and balcony from what I've read. Its bright and comfortable as well. I was so pleased with all I read that when I booked my August cruise on the Infinity, I immediately grabbed the same cabin (opposite side of the ship). So now, in about a month I'll be sailing and can let you know. I know you are trying to book now, but at least I can let you know how it was.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! I SWITCHED CABINS FROM 6118 TO 6132

IF IT WASN'T FOR THE HELP ON THIS BOARD, I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN KNOWN THAT 6132 WAS LARGER AND THAT BUYING A 100 SHARES OF RCCL ENTITLES YOU TO A ONBOARD CREDIT BOTH ON CELLEBRITY AND RCCL. SINCE I AM LEAVING NEXT SATURDAY FOR BERMUD, OCT 29TH ON CONNIE AND JUNE 16, 2006 ON EXPLORER IT THE CREDITS ADD UP. I ONLY WISH THAT I HAD KNOWN IT FOR ALL MY PAST SAILINGS

I HAVE DECIDED THAT UNLESS YOU DO YOUR OWN REASON, TA DON'T PROVIDE ANY OF THE ABOVE HELPFUL HINTS. I PREVIOUSLY ASKED MY TA TO CALL CELEBRITY ABOUT THE SIZE OF 6132 AND SHE TOOK CELEBRITY'S WORD THAT IT WAS THE SAME SIZE AS ALL OTHER SS AND EVEN THOUGH SHE PREVIOUSLY WORKED IN MARKETING FOR RCLL NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THE SHAREHOLDER BENEFIT

JOEMARJ

PLEASE EMAIL ME AT SGOLDSHE@COGNIZANT.COM AFTER YOUR AUG CRUISE AND LET ME KNOW IF IT LIVES UP TO THE HYPE.

THE MOST DIFFICULT PART OF MAKING THE CHANGE WAS REACHING MY AMEX TA. I LEFT TO TWO VOICEMAILS AND AN EMAIL. FRUSTATED, I HAD ANOTHER TA MAKE THE CHANGE. iT APPEARS THAT SHE ISN'T IN TODAY AND DIDN'T CHANGE HER VOICEMAIL ACCORDINGLY.

Here's one for you, Stu...I too called a "supervisor" at Celebrity and asked her for a comparison of the dimensions of Suite #6145 and Suite #6131 and the answer I got was the stock size listed in the brochure for all of the Sky Suites! For whatever reasons, it sounds to me like Celebrity's personnel have been told not to divulge any stateroom size differences to the public! However, all's fair in love and cruising... ;)

Thank you, Joelmarj, I too would appreciate knowing if the suite lives up to the hype! I'll look forward to hearing from you upon your return! :)

Sincerely,

B.J.

Edited by Help@

I have pictures of SS 6131 taken in June of this year on the infinity. If you give me your e-mail address I will send them to you. I believe that it is the same size and shape as on the Connie. Great suite and even greater balcony.

stuNYC - congrats! I think you will be pleased, but I'm happy to get pictures for you and Kitycaty. Given the added space inside and out, I think you made a good move.

As for the reps at Celebrity, I think they just have no idea that these ships have cabins in the same class with different configurations. It seems like Celebrity doesn't bother to tell their staff about it and they've never been on the ships so they have no clue. Same goes for the TA's. Unless they have sailed or customers tell them, they have no clue. I think it's innocent ignorance.

teeca - pictures would be great. My email is coolglfrmom@yahoo.com

My email address is sgoldshe@cognizant.com. You make it sound so terrific I can't wait to spend 12 days in it on October 29th cruising to the Caribbean.

it is nice to hear first hand from someone who was actually in 6131. So far it has been hearsay.

Cruisers are like lamb laid to the slaughter if they don't read boards such as these.

Kitycaty- If you buy 100 shares of RCCL you get an onboard credit whether you book a cruise on Celebrity or RCCL. 100 shares is about $4800. For a 7 day cruise you get $100 for a 9+ cruise you get $200. On the three cruises booked to date I expect to receive in aggregate $500. You can't get a >10% return on most other investments. It also pays a 1% dividend and is highly regarded by analysts.

We were just in 6131 on the Millie last month and yes the room size is a bit bigger and the Balcony is larger. We had 2 full lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a end table on the balcony. However, please be aware that due to the "wedge" shape of the balcony you do face some of the other balconies and your deck is uncovered. Enjoy your trip!

• 10 years later...