Cave tubing through Carnival question

YaWk3Y_BoMb3r

I have considered booking with cavetubing.bz, but with the tender and distance, I figured it would maybe be safer to just book with the cruise ship. We don't want a combo tour, unless it includes ruins, which carnival doesn't offer (i know .bz does). I see there are 3 tubing tours on carnival for $50, $56, and $120. I see the only difference is lunch between the 50 and 56. The $120 tour is confusing though because of how much more it is than every other tour. I guess it goes down a different, or "better" river? Can someone better explain if it is worth it and if should pay $70 more?

BTW, my search feature is messed up right now.

I have considered booking with cavetubing.bz, but with the tender and distance, I figured it would maybe be safer to just book with the cruise ship. We don't want a combo tour, unless it includes ruins, which carnival doesn't offer (i know .bz does). I see there are 3 tubing tours on carnival for $50, $56, and $120. I see the only difference is lunch between the 50 and 56. The $120 tour is confusing though because of how much more it is than every other tour. I guess it goes down a different, or "better" river? Can someone better explain if it is worth it and if should pay $70 more?

I think the search feature is down...still. So it's not just you.

I'm looking for info regarding this excursion as well. Hopefully we'll get an answer quickly.

We have used Cavetubing.bz once before for cave tubing in Belize and it was a great experience. We just booked them again for our March cruise. The ride to the caves is a long one, but we didn't have any difficulty getting back to the pier in time. Something else to consider when booking through the cruise line are the group sizes. Our last tour with .bz, we were a family of 4 and we had our own tour guide the entire time.

We did the cave tubing and ziplining through carnival. It was a lot of fun. The ship had to wait on us. There were several (about 100) of us who were late getting back to the ship. Extremely glad we went through Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got home from our Carnival Dream cruise. We booked online with cave-tubing.com. They do not take your money until AFTER the tour, to make sure you are well satisfied with your experience. We were a group of 4 and had a ball. They were incredibly professional, safety and time conscious and FUN. They carried the tubes for the ladies in the party. The ride to the tubes is long, but well worth it. All of the companies use the same river and caves. This company went longer in the river at the end than the others we saw. The tubes are super comfortable and have a head rest and ropes that attatch the tubes to one another (no feet in a strangers armpits!) The guides were knowledgeable about Belize, it's culture and people. Also along the hike to the caves, they stopped to show and tell us about plants that were used for different purposes in the jungle from earliest times. Can't say enough about our guides, Speedy, Arlene, Big Mac and Franz. Also, had great communication back and forth with the owner. Very professional and always responsive. The price for folks who are on Carnival but book directly with them is $35 per person!!!!!! I am a Travel Agent and have sent many clients with this company (no commission, I just have great feedback from my clients), they all, without exception love this company and rebook year after year. Good Luck and have fun!!!! Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

If it helps at all we just did cavetubing with cavetubing.bz. Took us a while to get off the ship (wife's medical issue). We met up with Vitalino at 10 and were still back to the port by 3 (4:30 was last tender).

If it helps at all we just did cavetubing with cavetubing.bz. Took us a while to get off the ship (wife's medical issue). We met up with Vitalino at 10 and were still back to the port by 3 (4:30 was last tender).

That's nice to know. Maybe we'll go through .bz then instead of the ship.

When we went in 2010, we booked with a private company. I was nervous about missing the ship, but our guide pointed out the carnival booked excursion that was going on near us. He said as long as we stayed ahead of them, we were perfectly fine. We even got back to the dock in time to do a little shopping before getting on the tender. We are looking to do this again in June.

If u book thru ship they have to wait, correct?

You mean the ship has to wait for you to return? Yes. However, it seems that the private tour companies' livelihood depends on whether or not they are getting their customers to the ships on time because a lot of people would get on cruisecritic/tripadvisor/or another travel site and bash the company for missing the ship. I imagine they are prepared for most problems that may arise. Then again, a lot of the countries are third world so maybe they aren't prepared!

Is there snakes in water when tubing

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

It's too dark to tell, but the water is pretty cold. I would think that snakes couldn't survive long in that water because of the temperature. I didn't see any snakes or hear anyone say anything about snakes.