Magic questions

4_Leaf_Clover

I apologize if these questions have already been asked... the "search" function is down right now so I cannot check :(

A few questions I have about the Carnival Magic (we sail in two weeks!)

1) Is there an extra charge for food in Red Frog Pub?

2) Is Serenity free of charge, or extra? If extra, how much?

3) Has anybody done a couples massage? What information can you give me about it? I'm curious as to what "add ons" you can add to the massage? The couples massage room looks like it has some sort of spa in it but that probably isn't included.

4) What about other charges for food? I know about the steak house and Italian... what about the taste bar? Coffee shop/dessert place? etc?

Thanks so much!!

Edited by 4_Leaf_Clover

I apologize if these questions have already been asked... the "search" function is down right now so I cannot check :(

3) Has anybody done a couples massage? What information can you give me about it? I'm curious as to what "add ons" you can add to the massage? The couples massage room looks like it has some sort of spa in it but that probably isn't included.

Thanks so much!!

1) It's something like $3.33 per appetizer.

2) Serenity is free.

3) I don't do massages, so I can't answer that one. ;)

Thanks so much!!

Use of the serenity area is free.

I have not had a couples massage, however, might offer some advice- you can purchase a spa pass (unless they sell out before you get one) and have unlimited use do the thalassotherapy pool and thermal suites for the entire week. There is also a mud room that you can rent (which we have done) and it includes several products and one hour of private time in the area. I'm not sure of the price of the mud room if you don't have a spa cabin, I think it's discounted for the spa staterooms. But it was a wonderful and relaxing time that I think was better than a couples massage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Use of the serenity area is free.

I have not had a couples massage, however, might offer some advice- you can purchase a spa pass (unless they sell out before you get one) and have unlimited use do the thalassotherapy pool and thermal suites for the entire week. There is also a mud room that you can rent (which we have done) and it includes several products and one hour of private time in the area. I'm not sure of the price of the mud room if you don't have a spa cabin, I think it's discounted for the spa staterooms. But it was a wonderful and relaxing time that I think was better than a couples massage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the advice! I will def look into that!

As for your 4th question, the taste bar is free. You can buy specialty coffees (like Starbucks) and dessert items, and it does cost additional. My son absolutely loved the chocolate covered strawberries, they are like $1.25 each, but you get discounts if you buy multiples. Coffee prices were comparable to a Starbucks for lattes, mochas, etc. (maybe even a little cheaper). Not sure on the other prices as we didn't buy anything else.

Regarding your 4th question, just in case you didn't know, that Italian restaurant only charges extra for dinner. Lunch in there is free. It's the same as the pasta bar that is on the Dream. It makes for a great embarkation lunch, as it gets busier as the week goes on.

Regarding the information given about the spa pass with use of the therapy pool & thermal suites (aka fancy saunas/steam rooms), that is about $250 per couple/duo or $150 single for the week, or about $40/day. If you move into a Cloud 9 Spa room (the forward half of rooms on deck 11 & the deck 12 rooms), you get access to all of this for free. We had a Cloud 9 Spa interior room at a cheap rate, & we really liked the thermal suite & therapy pool. I've never gotten a massage before. I didn't think there was any special discounts for people in a Cloud 9 Spa room, but I never looked into it to find out.

Edited by k2excursion