Formal dinning on Disney question

RCI Cruisers 004

Why does it matter what Royal does if you are on DCL?

DCL has formal and semi-formal nights on cruises of 7 nights or longer. Short cruises have a night designated as "Dress up optional" which means exactly that. Some guests will choose to dress up, some will not.

There are photographers doing family portraits on this night if you are interested.

There are only formal nights on cruises of seven nights and more. Q:

What should I wear to dinner?

A:

The dress code for dinner varies by the venue or theme night of your cruise. In general, most meals are "cruise casual"—no swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with optional opportunities to get dressed up for a special family photo. Here's a breakdown of events by cruise itinerary:

On 3-night cruises:

•One cruise casual night—No swimwear or tank tops

•One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

•One "optional dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises:

•First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

•One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

•One optional dress-up night—jacket for men, and dress or pantsuit for women

•Final night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises:

•First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

•One themed night (pirate, tropical or other themed deck party)

•3 additional cruise casual nights—no swimwear or tank tops

•One formal and one semi-formal night—two great opportunities to dress-up and take advantage of the onboard photography services. Though optional, we recommend: Dress pants with a jacket or a suit for men, and dress or pantsuit for women

Dress code at Palo:

•Men: Dress pants and dress shirt (a jacket is optional)

•Women: Dress or pantsuit

•No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Dress code at Remy:

•Men: Dress pants with jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required—ties are optional.

•Women: A dress, cocktail dress, pantsuit or skirt/blouse is required

•No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why does it matter what Royal does if you are on DCL?

DCL has formal and semi-formal nights on cruises of 7 nights or longer. Short cruises have a night designated as "Dress up optional" which means exactly that. Some guests will choose to dress up' date=' some will not.

There are photographers doing family portraits on this night if you are interested.[/quote']

Sorry Mokismommy, we are RCI cruisers and I know their formal night policies but this being our FIRST Disney cruise I wanted to know what they offered. I thought by my screen name people may have guessed that we have been on Royal before and were wondering what Disney had to offer ! I'll try to simplify it next time I have a question. Thanks for your help !

Disney is not like any other cruise line I have been on! What a refreshing change! :) We wore tiaras and cute dresses every night and our table looked great. I thought our cruise ship dressed well in general, but not necessarily long formal wear. My honey was glad he didn't have to bring a suit, and now, if someone wants, they can wear shorts in the dining room. The dining room IS NICE, but its more excitement and entertainment than fancy dining. (Minus upscale pay restaurants.) So even if one wants to be casual/cruise comfortable, it really doesn't take much from the atmosphere, which tends to be pretty festive.

Sorry Mokismommy, we are RCI cruisers and I know their formal night policies but this being our FIRST Disney cruise I wanted to know what they offered. I thought by my screen name people may have guessed that we have been on Royal before and were wondering what Disney had to offer ! I'll try to simplify it next time I have a question. Thanks for your help !

I don't think you need to apologize, most of us realize you were just giving us a point of reference. :)

I'm another first-time DCL cruiser. Just booked for Sept...Are jeans allowed in dining rooms? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, jeans are allowed in the main dining rooms. They are not permitted in the adult only dining venues.

The shorter your cruise, the more casual people will tend to be.

We were recently on the 5 day Magic and it was very casual. Lots of the little girls wore their princess dresses to dinners but I don't recall seeing very many people wearing "dress" clothes. My family dressed up for our dinner at Lumieres and I think my hubby was the only one wearing a tie!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were recently on the 5 day Magic and it was very casual. Lots of the little girls wore their princess dresses to dinners but I don't recall seeing very many people wearing "dress" clothes. My family dressed up for our dinner at Lumieres and I think my hubby was the only one wearing a tie!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A tie is not required ANYWHERE on the Magic, including in Palo. Per DCL, dinner in Lumiere's is no different than dinner in any other main dining room in terms of suggested attire.

And yes, some girls wear princess dresses every night--fun!