Silhouette Photo Review - Feb. 9-16 2014

micmacmissy

Have just read the entire 122 posts, :) chuckling away, enjoying your style.

Wouln't you love to chuck...ah...trip (ooh, so sorry!) a few chair-hogs over the side? On one of our last cruises, on a sea day, where we lounged under the deck by the pool in the shade,I noticed an older couple ahead of us on two loungers in the sun for a number of hours. They slapped lotion on themselves, went off for lunch etc. No different from anyone else really...Then, didn't they get up later in the p.m. and move back into two more loungers in the shade near us, that had stuff piled on them in waiting all that time with no one using them. That's the most selfish chair hogging I had ever seen. I certainly hoped for a lengthy hemorrhoidal flare-up for each of them, I can tell you! I am sure that we all know what it is like to search around for loungers on a crowded sea day with many unoccupied chairs just sitting there laden with stuff....

It was really good of you to supply pictures and to take the time to write a review.

Thanks again,

Bill

Up on the Solstice deck, there was a group of 4 people that had saved 4 loungers (in the sun) and then 4 of the cushioned sun beds in the shade. They weren't there for the entire 3 hours we were up there, and when they finally came up (for 15 minutes) they moved between the shady loungers and the ones in the sun, then left again, with all their stuff left behind. (Including one very expensive Vera Bradley bag that I never would have left behind!) Sigh. So rude...

I did take my revenge on a towel, paperback, and pair of flipflops that was abandoned near me for an entire day. As I was leaving I hid them...I couldn't resist! :D

• 10 months later...
can you tell me about the live music venues and what kind of music they played at night

thanks

Does anyone know what lounge acts are on Silhouette now?

I know Michael's Club is gone but is there a bar with an extensive beer list and/or beer tasting?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I know TOWEL CLIPS!! what the hell? I was on the Reflection and we were pulling into San Juan, lots of people up front of the ship to get a view and photos of the port... Some ding dong had her lounge chair sideways at the clear walls at the front- taking up 4 spots where people could be standing for a look. I wanted to get a photo so I put my foot on the end of her chair (not on purpose) she starts brushing off the "dirt" from my foot on her chair!! and I noticed these stupid frog towel clips! I never saw them before. She was blocking the whole front of the ship, at least just put the top of the chair against the wall, not sideways! The rest of the cruise my sister and I kept calling her the Towel Clip Bitch.

Now you have me depressed about Labadee. It sounds like hell.

When you mentioned it was smoky in the Lawn Grill, did you mean cigarette smoke? And where was that coming from? I would have got up and left.

Edited by bellalisa

• 1 month later...

You have inspired me to write a review after our British Isle cruise next week...the weather isn't so good at the moment so I may not have to battle with lounge chair hogs but I am winding up for the MDR tight bun lady!

Happy cruising everyone!

Edited by pzbz
misspelling

• 1 year later...

Not even done with the first page and I'm already more convinced (as if I wasn't enough already) that we need to cruise together. I also hate tile floors, enjoy taking people on 98-point tours to show them how much I learned through my months of research and reading on Cruise Critic, and have to deal with a snorer...

Loving this review so far!