Fantasy port excursions with 4 year old

JMaryland

My husband and I are going on our first Disney Cruise with our four year old daughter. Any recommendations for excursions in St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Castaway Cat? Like all four year olds she is constantly active and bores easily. We'd like to pick excursions that will keep her busy. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

St. Thomas--Coral World. Do this on you own. There are often discount coupons on line and/or in the tourist magazines that are free at the pier. It is a small aquarium with an underwater viewing area, touch tanks (touch a nurse shark, etc), hiking trails, gift shop, snack shop. Paid admission gets you a "Come and go as you wish" wrist band, Across the parking lot is Coki beach--a free, family friendly beach with good swimming and snorkeling.

One huge advantage of going on your own is that you can move between the beach and Coral World as you wish and you are welcome to use their facilities to change, use restroom, etc. If there are not cabs waiting to take you back to the ship, the personnel will happily call one for you.

St. Maarten--butterfly farm is far better on your own than with the crowds. The butterflies are way more active without a mob in there. This is only an hour visit (you can stay as long as you wish, but....Mako beach has the planes flying over (right over) you. Can be scary. Wrist band gets you an all day water taxi pass to go downtown, etc. if you wish. DO NOT do an island tour with a little one--boring. Great for adults, but not a 4 year old.

Castaway--stingrays if you wish. Otherwise swim, do beach. She can play in kid area if desired. You don't need to plan anything here. Rent bikes if she wants to ride, but do it as a "walk up" rather than advance reservations. Ditto floats/tubes.

My husband and I are going on our first Disney Cruise with our four year old daughter. Any recommendations for excursions in St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Castaway Cat? Like all four year olds she is constantly active and bores easily. We'd like to pick excursions that will keep her busy. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have bean to either St. Maarten or St. Thomas

I would suggest you stay on the ship and let your daughter enjoy the ship it will be less crowded

I would get off in Castaway all the Disney fun would be there

We will be on the Fantasy July 26 with a 2 and 4 year old and that is our intention