Question about ship/length/season

travelgurl2

Just got off of the Dream last week, and loved every minute of it!! The main think that I loved was the abundance of OLDER people. This was my fifth cruise with Carnival, and I have never seen so many senior citizens. It was SO much better than the younger, pushy, drunk, impatient crowd that I have seen before. This was also my first seven day cruise.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the older crowd tends to book certain ships, length of cruises, or times of year. We were cruising over Valentine's Day - Cupid was actual running around the ship posing for pictures - and it was wonderful!

Does anyone have any opinions on that crowd set? Do they tend to stick to longer cruises, or certain ships, or certain tmes of year? I know that that time of year misses out on all of the spring breakers, school vacations and honeymoons........did see many anniversaries. One couple was celebrating their 67th anniversary - and they were SO much fun!!!! There was even a couple onboard that sailed the very first Carnival cruise.

if you think about it, 30s and 40s folks tend to have kids in school, and the younger crowd tends to be in college... So mid-Jan -> early Mar and in the fall months tend to be an older crowd.

I am in my mid 50s and prefer this time of year for cruising since it doesn't have the younger crowd too much, which is much more enjoyable. And yes, we do love the longer cruises...

Steve