Havensight to Secret Harbor

Coloradocruiser01

I have read great things about the beach at Secret Harbour. I am looking for a scenic beach with great snorkeling. Can anyone tell me the cost of a taxi ( 3 people ) and the time it takes to get there. Leaving this weekend so I need a quick suggestion. I am open to a better suggestion if anyone has a better idea.:)

I have read great things about the beach at Secret Harbour. I am looking for a scenic beach with great snorkeling. Can anyone tell me the cost of a taxi ( 3 people ) and the time it takes to get there. Leaving this weekend so I need a quick suggestion. I am open to a better suggestion if anyone has a better idea.:)

It is about 15-20 minutes.

The taxi rate is either $8 or $9/person each way.

It a beautiful beach with great snorkeling for right off the beach.

Edited by lostdart1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993432

If you had your own snorkel gear and could live with no restrooms Sapphire would be the best option but that's roughing it. SH is a good alternate, just be sure to get there early to get a chair. Also no shade for day visitors if that's a concern.

Actually Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald) is a nice beach to relax on with services privided by the BW resort. You can also get a room for the day for even more comfort.

STJ would add another 1.5 hrs of travel time but it's a nice day taking the Red Hook ferry on your own. But the best snorkeling is off the cays of STJ from a day sail like Yacht Nightwind or New Horizons out of Sapphire Marina.

The East End beaches are 20 - 30 min and $10pp each way, going to STJ would add another 1.5 hrs and $13pp each way for the ferry and taxi to the beach.

So SH is about $20pp roundtrip, and STJ beaches about $46pp roundtrip.

Edited by blue_water