Getaway review 2-15 sailing - will answer questions

kimgoblue

I have enjoyed reading you review and the question/answers. Thank you for posting it. Do you happen to remember the approximate days and times for the shows: Burn the Floor and Legally Blonde?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know we saw Burn the Floor at 10 pm sometime in the middle of the cruise, but I can't remember the exact day -- Tuesday or Wednesday. We didn't see Legally Blonde, but I would expect that would start earlier since I assume it's longer than the 1 hour Burn the Floor show. Maybe someone who has a copy of the Freestyle Dailies can be more helpful.

Hi, I have a question please.

Do balcony cabins have bathrobes for each passenger or is that a suite thing? If someone already asked that, I apologize, I did a search on bath and bathrobe and didn't see it here. I read another Getaway thread, but it wasn't clear there.

Thanks!

Yes and no -- our cabin did not have bathrobes when we arrived, but we asked our cabin steward for them and he brought them to us -- they're very nice!

Yes and no -- our cabin did not have bathrobes when we arrived, but we asked our cabin steward for them and he brought them to us -- they're very nice!

Thank you, good to know. I now have extra room in my suitcase :)

I have another question please :)

I like quiet pool decks, but I'm not getting the Vibe pass. If Spice is full, what other decks are quiet and unknown? Did I see public decks next to Vibe and Haven?

I know Epic had one and didn't know about it until the last night lol.

Thanks!

I like quiet pool decks, but I'm not getting the Vibe pass. If Spice is full, what other decks are quiet and unknown? Did I see public decks next to Vibe and Haven?

Thanks!

Since we had a Vibe pass, I didn't pay too much attention to this (and believe me, the Vibe wasn't exactly quiet!). There is a sundeck on Deck 18 above the Vibe. I would assume that since it's out of the way, it might be relatively quiet, but I didn't go there myself.

Since we had a Vibe pass, I didn't pay too much attention to this (and believe me, the Vibe wasn't exactly quiet!). There is a sundeck on Deck 18 above the Vibe. I would assume that since it's out of the way, it might be relatively quiet, but I didn't go there myself.

Great, I'll look for it! Thanks!

I should have been more specific lol. For me, quiet means no screaming, crying, boundary-less children. Once on Epic there was a family of FOUR (yes, 4) sharing one deck chair. FOUR. Right next to mine. It was awful lol. Almost comical really. So I tend to want to stay away from the pretty pools.

I should have been more specific lol. For me, quiet means no screaming, crying, boundary-less children. Once on Epic there was a family of FOUR (yes, 4) sharing one deck chair. FOUR. Right next to mine. It was awful lol. Almost comical really. So I tend to want to stay away from the pretty pools.

Hmmm... other than Vibe and Spice H2O during the day, I think children are allowed anywhere. The thing about the sundeck on deck 18 is that it seems far removed from the rest of the ship -- in other words, a long haul for people toting children and their accoutrements. However, as we discovered in Vibe, childfree does not necessarily mean quiet and relaxing -- there were times when I think it might have been quieter next to the single chair shared by four people that you described.

Thanks!

I posted this in another thread, but it works here, too. The areas I marked "open to all", when I've asked others about them, I've been told that it's usually easy to find open lounge chairs there. This photo is from Breakaway, but same difference.

upperdeck2_zps2a214be9.jpg

I posted this in another thread, but it works here, too. The areas I marked "open to all", when I've asked others about them, I've been told that it's usually easy to find open lounge chairs there. This photo is from Breakaway, but same difference.

upperdeck2_zps2a214be9.jpg

Thanks - the visual aid helps a lot! The area to the left was the one I was talking about -- I didn't know about the one to the right.

We saw a few shows: the three of us went to the Illusionarium (an entertaining magic/mentalist show with the acts part of an overall story) and my husband and I saw the Burn the Floor dance show in the Theater and Scott Henry's comedy show in Headliners. Perhaps I was just in a mood, but each of the shows had at least one moment that I would consider to be in poor taste -- nothing so outrageously offensive that I would walk out or not recommend the shows to others, but a moment that gave me pause nonetheless.

Do you happen to know if the comedy with the Levity Entertainment Group is EVER kid friendly, like possibly the earlier shows? I'm just wondering if it's anything my 11 year old might enjoy with us.

Do you happen to know if the comedy with the Levity Entertainment Group is EVER kid friendly, like possibly the earlier shows? I'm just wondering if it's anything my 11 year old might enjoy with us.

I believe that the shows before 11 pm are supposed to be family friendly. We went to a 9 pm show, and there were probably a dozen kids there of various ages. There was no foul language, but there was some sexual innuendo. It might actually be better with younger kids, since I think a lot of it would go over their heads. On the other hand, I think my 15 year old son would have been uncomfortable -- he certainly doesn't want to think about that stuff in the presence of his mom!

thank you!!

Hmmm... other than Vibe and Spice H2O during the day, I think children are allowed anywhere. The thing about the sundeck on deck 18 is that it seems far removed from the rest of the ship -- in other words, a long haul for people toting children and their accoutrements. However, as we discovered in Vibe, childfree does not necessarily mean quiet and relaxing -- there were times when I think it might have been quieter next to the single chair shared by four people that you described.

thank you too!