Carnival Excursion "5 and under free"

J_Viggy

Hello:

I'm considering an excursion for our cruise (Triumph, April 21 sailing). Its an all inclusive beach getaway, and the info says "5 and under free". My daughter will be 5, but when I add her name it charges me the child rate. What gives? Do I need to call Carnival and book over the phone? Anyone dealt with this?

We just came back from our first cruise with the kids (Carnival Magic, 2/9/14) so maybe I can answer this one for you! :) We chose the Balmoral Beach Day Deluxe and 2 of our 3 kids were in the 5 & Under category. I didn't purchase tickets for them at all. I printed out the excursion description and highlighted the 'no ticket needed' section in case of any questions but there was no problem whatsoever. When we went to meet our excursion host at the pier the three of us who were paid for received orange plastic bracelets (those included pull-off tabs for 1 lunch and 1 drink) and the two free kids got green waterproof paper bracelets (no lunch, no drink). We bought 1 lunch for the 2 littles to share (which was pretty awful, BTW! lol!) and they each got their own drink. I think it was around $15 total for that. :)

We just came back from our first cruise with the kids (Carnival Magic, 2/9/14) so maybe I can answer this one for you! :) We chose the Balmoral Beach Day Deluxe and 2 of our 3 kids were in the 5 & Under category. I didn't purchase tickets for them at all. I printed out the excursion description and highlighted the 'no ticket needed' section in case of any questions but there was no problem whatsoever. When we went to meet our excursion host at the pier the three of us who were paid for received orange plastic bracelets (those included pull-off tabs for 1 lunch and 1 drink) and the two free kids got green waterproof paper bracelets (no lunch, no drink). We bought 1 lunch for the 2 littles to share (which was pretty awful, BTW! lol!) and they each got their own drink. I think it was around $15 total for that. :)

I agree with the above. whenever I took my daughter on excursions where she was free, she did not need a ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

I came across same (5 and under free) when booking excursions on miracle. I called carnival and guy said they're trying to work on fixing online booking, but don't book/pay for free child, when shore excursion desk sees he is part of cabin they will automatically include him in shore excursion.......I don't leave until later in Mar to see if he's right, but that's what carnival's customer service told me

We sailed many times with our granddaughter when she was under 5 and you do not buy her a ticket. Whenever we did an excursion with her that included food or drinks she always received the meal at no charge. She finally turned 6 last October and now we sure miss that 5 and under free!

I emailed Carnival about this issue maybe a month ago as my boy will be 4.5 when we cruise. Here was their response:

"On most excursions children will require to pay for participating in an excursion however on the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe at Cozumel Mexico it is an exception for children 5 years old and younger can go at no cost with a paying adult. Since it states a 5 year old can go at no charge, you don't need to purchase a ticket online for [your son]. We only ask to advise our Shore Excursion Desk on board that you are taking your four year old on this excursion. So they are aware."