Verizon Plan in St Thomas

hartskys

I finally got through to Verizon last night after being on hold forever. They told me for no additional charge I can use text and data but can not call out. She said to make sure we are off the ship. She also said we can use full phone functions on San Juan includes calling, text and data :)

I hope she's correct. Has anyone happen to experience this lately?

I have used my Verizon national plan in Puerto Rico each time I've been there. No charge for calls, text or data.:) There are parts of PR that showed "roaming" on my phone. You need to look for that, just like some areas on the mainland, tho. But SanJuan there is no problem.

St Thomas you can text with no costs. I made a call thinking it was free the first time I was there, and was charged for roaming.

I finally got through to Verizon last night after being on hold forever. They told me for no additional charge I can use text and data but can not call out. She said to make sure we are off the ship. She also said we can use full phone functions on San Juan includes calling, text and data :)

I hope she's correct. Has anyone happen to experience this lately?

Always check the latest from the carrier before you travel. Excluding phone calls, St. Thomas is considered domestic text and data for Verizon as of this week, I was there on Tuesday and no surprises. Use http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/tripplanner/tripplannercontroller to find the latest.

The phone shows as roaming so you must turn on roaming data to use the data - it was only basic data speeds (1x) so grabbing any of the numerous wifi locations was the way to success if you want to really use data services on your phone. Phone calls are $1.99 minute in or out.

I've not been to Puerto Rico but Verizon shows this area as full domestic. This doesn't mean the phone won't show "roaming" on the screen as above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk