Carry-ons

Does anyone know how many carry-on bags you are allowed to bring on the ship per person? I don't anticipate having more than one pp, but I might need to bring 2.

Yes you can do it only limit is you can hold it and it can get through the x ray scanner.

Do think however you have to carry it into the port, then till embarkation, then on ship, and then around the ship until stateroom opens at 1.30, so for example going to the pool deck Buffett could be difficult at noon on embarkation.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep.

Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

You can bring as many as you wish to carry...but remember that the cabins don't open till 1:30, so you will carry the bags until then. If you are booked in concierge, you can drop them at the concierge lounge/reception and they will be "guarded."

The only requirement is that they fit thru the scanner.

Thanks for the info! I don't think I'll need it, but my carry-on, that I thought was gonna be half full is filling up quickly!

Hint--I always take too much stuff. It doesn't matter how long or short the cruise is, I still take too much stuff. You don't need a lot of the junk that you think you must haul!

Are we able to have a carry-on and a pocketbook? ;) I can fit quite a bit in that puppy, :rolleyes: and we 're going concierge, so I could drop the actual carry-on off in the lounge. I'm thinking about carrying decorations with me, getting to the room before the rest of my party, and surprising my mom and daughter with birthday décor.

Are we able to have a carry-on and a pocketbook? ;) I can fit quite a bit in that puppy, :rolleyes: and we 're going concierge, so I could drop the actual carry-on off in the lounge. I'm thinking about carrying decorations with me, getting to the room before the rest of my party, and surprising my mom and daughter with birthday décor.

Yes you can

As long as it can fit through the scanner as quoted before.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

You can bring on any number of purses, backpacks, suitcases, briefcases, etc. as long as they fit thru the scanner. 10 per person? That's OK with DCL, but probably not with the person who has to do the carrying.

Seriously, the rules are no coolers and it must fit thru the scanner. Beyond that and the list of articles that are prohibited, anything goes.

You can bring on any number of purses' date=' backpacks, suitcases, briefcases, etc. as long as they fit thru the scanner. 10 per person? That's OK with DCL, but probably not with the person who has to do the carrying.

Seriously, the rules are no coolers and it must fit thru the scanner. Beyond that and the list of articles that are prohibited, anything goes.[/quote']

Excellent, thanks! :D

We saw a family carry on their own luggage. I have no idea what the process was at security - the bags were very large, if they went through the scanner then they must have barely fit. I suspect that this is not encouraged by DCL but there was clearly a process that handled families carrying "everything" on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We saw a family carry on their own luggage. I have no idea what the process was at security - the bags were very large, if they went through the scanner then they must have barely fit. I suspect that this is not encouraged by DCL but there was clearly a process that handled families carrying "everything" on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12886617114_50881cf796_b.jpg

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

The things people will do to save a $5 tip.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

The things people will do to save a $5 tip.

Having been the victim of some idiot who felt the need to put a bottle of wine in his/her suitcase (it went all over my stuff; fortunately, I packed my formal wear in a garment bag and everything else was washable!)...I can honestly see the point of not turning over your luggage. That said, we let DCL handle it. Yes, I've seen the piles in the luggage areas and the carts. There is more to it than avoiding tips.

I honestly thought it was malicious vandalism (someone had poured something in my suitcase while it sat outside the cabin door) till DCL pointed out that it was probably someone who couldn't follow the rules of alcohol IN CARRY ON only. Oh well......we survived.

Edited by moki'smommy

Having been the victim of some idiot who felt the need to put a bottle of wine in his/her suitcase (it went all over my stuff; fortunately' date=' I packed my formal wear in a garment bag and everything else was washable!)...I can honestly see the point of not turning over your luggage. That said, we let DCL handle it. Yes, I've seen the piles in the luggage areas and the carts. There is more to it than avoiding tips.

I honestly thought it was malicious vandalism (someone had poured something in my suitcase while it sat outside the cabin door) till DCL pointed out that it was probably someone who couldn't follow the rules of alcohol IN CARRY ON only. Oh well......we survived.[/quote']

Well that's the very point, should we go to so much effort as one "idiot" wants to put a bottle of wine in checked luggage? They should pay for all of the damage they caused, should be easy to work out which one with the sticky wine outside and all over.

Keeping and carrying on luggage, until 1.30pm is so awkward, too much effort on vacation, ( yes works ok for disembarkation) but you may have one and a half hours and elevators to contend with and block up space or run over peoples toes with. How can you eat at a buffet, unless you claim a table with space all around it and one watches it as the others get their food? That blocks up tables for longer.

Some people will do anything to avoid a few $$$ tip, pulling luggage through the scanner will just cause so much nuisance, if I was DCL I would give them a higher boarding card number like 25!

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

:)

It does feel a nuclear response to an issue that affects 1 in a thousand cruisers.

You are right...and one time out of 30 DCL cruises doesn't warrant the inconvenience. Embarkation day is enough of a pain without adding extra luggage hauling to the mix.

Is it May yet? There is icky stuff falling out of the sky here! I want sun and ocean.

You are right...and one time out of 30 DCL cruises doesn't warrant the inconvenience. Embarkation day is enough of a pain without adding extra luggage hauling to the mix.

Is it May yet? There is icky stuff falling out of the sky here! I want sun and ocean.

May is coming, you will enjoy that cruise, if May comes too quickly then next week your cruise will be over, so do not wish it too quickly, you have got all that to look forward to pulling you through the tempest of the weather now.

I would go nuts If I haven't got a fixed place to look forward to.

12 nights on the Magic this summer!!

12 nights on the Magic this summer!!

Enjoy! We did 24 nights last summer to get all the new ports! If you are going to Kusadasi (probably spelled wrong) and your travel agent offers a private excursions, DO IT! AMAZING! This was one of our favorite ports. And do a trip to Ephesus. Lots of walking, but also well worth the effort. If I had to pick one set of ruins, this would be it.

Enjoy! We did 24 nights last summer to get all the new ports! If you are going to Kusadasi (probably spelled wrong) and your travel agent offers a private excursions' date=' DO IT! AMAZING! This was one of our favorite ports. And do a trip to Ephesus. Lots of walking, but also well worth the effort. If I had to pick one set of ruins, this would be it.[/quote']

Thank you and you know I will be highly organised on that already!, plans in place, all Private tours bar one port. I have a deluxe tour and personally chosen guide in Ephesus.

Getting in fast and booking mine I have bad a number of requests by people wanting to join me as I snagged the best guides.

Shoreside concierge have booked my requests at 150 days this week.

I have been to Ephesus before when I stayed in a Turkey, and been to Athens, and Rome before.

The plans.

Summer 2014

Fly Barcelona by BA Club Europe, private transfer to hotel in city centre.

Saturday - hotel city, private booked transfer to port embark Disney Magic.

Cruise

Day 1 Barcelona, Spain -- depart 4:30 p.m.

2 Villefranche (Monte Carlo, Cannes, Nice), France* 8:45 a.m. 6:30 p.m.

Private tour:-

Cannes Antibes and Mountain towns

http://www.kultours.fr/tourenuk.html

3 La Spezia (Florence, Pisa), Italy** 7:45 a.m. 7:30 p.m.

Private tour:-Cinque Terre

https://www.papillonservice.com/tours-from-la-spezia-port.php

Others joining me.

4 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7:15 a.m. 6:45 p.m.

Rome

http://www.bestourofitaly.com/

Others joining me.

5 At Sea -- --

Palo Brunch

6 At Sea -- --

Palo Dinner, platinum so free!

7 Piraeus (Athens), Greece 8:00 a.m. 6:45 p.m.

Athens

https://www.athensbytaxi.com/

Others joining me.

8 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 7:30 a.m. 6:45 p.m.

Private tour:-Ephesus, Terrace houses, Virgin Mary house, Turkish real not tourist meal.

http:// seems banned here but not a travel agency.

9 Mykonos, Greece 7:30 a.m. 6:45 p.m.

DCL tour Delos and walk town.

10 At Sea -- --

Palo brunch 2

11 Valletta, Malta 7:45 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

Semi Private tour:- Malta

http://www.maltaonlineguide.com/about.html

Others joining me.

12 At Sea -- --

13 Barcelona, Spain disembark 8:30 a.m. --

Private tour:- Tossa Da Mar and Girona.

http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/

Back to hotel two nights.

Barcelona free days.

Flight home. BA Club Europe

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Yes, we had lunch at a private villa in Turkey....completely amazing. After lunch, the kids could feed the animals, ride ponies, etc. while the adults toured part of the house and estate, chilled out and enjoyed the place. Completely amazing. We were a group of 6 + a guide, and as you, it was a highly recommended guide.

Cinque Terre had beautiful scenery, but honestly we were less than thrilled. However, some of the old churches were really neat. One has a quintet rehearsing for a concert and invited us to listen!

If your guide on Delos is George, RUN the other way. This was the most boring tour ever and it was thru DCL. Seriously horrible. We ended up leaving the tour and going off on our own.

Hopefully you'll see one of the little towns we did in Villefranche. I think (but don't hold me to this) it was St. Paul. Amazing little artist community within this ancient walled city. Really fun and neat. And the area around the port is neat too...just in case you have extra time! We didn't last summer, but did the year before. There are some old WWII tunnels, etc. that you can visit.

Sounds like you have some good plans. Enjoy!