IDEAS/HELP - What to do in the Bahamas (Nassau & Freeport)

Britti-V

Hello all,

Thanks for reading my thread, I have a few questions... I am going to be sailing on the Carnival Splendor 1 month from today April 2nd and we are leaving from NY sailing to Port Canaveral, FL; Nassau, Bahamas and Freeport, Bahamas. I would like some input as to what everyone would recommend we do as excursions or are we better off going out on our own? There are about 16 of us traveling together I am 26 but our ages range from 2 to 60. In Port Canaveral I will be meeting with friends off the ship so I don't really plan on doing an excursion but both stops in the Bahamas I am wondering what is there to do and I would love help!! Thanks so much :)

We were in Freeport last October and had an absolute blast snorkeling with Pat & Diane Tours. There was a delicious lunch, fantastic Bahama Mamas, beautiful coral reefs and a white sand beach. My 20-something daughters enjoyed the trip. Even my 90-year-old mom had fun (although she didn't snorkel).

Hello all,

Thanks for reading my thread, I have a few questions... I am going to be sailing on the Carnival Splendor 1 month from today April 2nd and we are leaving from NY sailing to Port Canaveral, FL; Nassau, Bahamas and Freeport, Bahamas. I would like some input as to what everyone would recommend we do as excursions or are we better off going out on our own? There are about 16 of us traveling together I am 26 but our ages range from 2 to 60. In Port Canaveral I will be meeting with friends off the ship so I don't really plan on doing an excursion but both stops in the Bahamas I am wondering what is there to do and I would love help!! Thanks so much :)

Britti

Not to sound a bit annoying, but did you try reading some of the threads on even the last few pages here. They are just loaded with questions and suggestions as to what to do in Nassau and Freeport. Take a quick look, they if you have specific questions, just ask a way. Most are here to help.

Cheers

Len

We were in Freeport last October and had an absolute blast snorkeling with Pat & Diane Tours. There was a delicious lunch, fantastic Bahama Mamas, beautiful coral reefs and a white sand beach. My 20-something daughters enjoyed the trip. Even my 90-year-old mom had fun (although she didn't snorkel).

Thanks!! I'm going to look into that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My family and I (myself 50, husband 53 and two sons 26 & 22) just returned Saturday from our cruise. I booked Mario Bethel for a island tour before we even left home. He showed us everything on the island from Atlantis to the poverty area and everything in between. All four of us really enjoyed this. His email is Mario.bethel@gmail.com. He offers 2 hour, 3 hour and 5 hour tours. We took the 3 hour.

My family and I (myself 50, husband 53 and two sons 26 & 22) just returned Saturday from our cruise. I booked Mario Bethel for a island tour before we even left home. He showed us everything on the island from Atlantis to the poverty area and everything in between. All four of us really enjoyed this. His email is Mario.bethel@gmail.com. He offers 2 hour, 3 hour and 5 hour tours. We took the 3 hour.

Not sure if we are allowed to put in tour operator's email on cruise critic so this is why I gave my email on here on various post so I can share his contact information! I am really glad you had a great time with Mario, I knew you would!!! Posting pics would be great too, everyone loves that!!! Including me when I am looking for private excursions for different ports.

image.jpg.8ba52e67625e0a4b55b5db381a7edc82.jpg

How much did this tour cost you? It is just my boyfriend and I going and we were going to do a tour through Norwegian, but a private tour would probably be even better if the price is right. If we wanted to tour the distillery and the chocolate factory as well as see the historical sites and have him drop us off at the Fish Fry at the end of our tour, would that be possible? Thanks so much! Glad you had a great time!

How much did this tour cost you? It is just my boyfriend and I going and we were going to do a tour through Norwegian, but a private tour would probably be even better if the price is right. If we wanted to tour the distillery and the chocolate factory as well as see the historical sites and have him drop us off at the Fish Fry at the end of our tour, would that be possible? Thanks so much! Glad you had a great time!

We took the 3 hour tour which he charged us $39 per person. The 2 hour tour was $25. We had him drop us off at the Fish Fry afterwards. Some of the historical sites were already included. He took us to the staircase, some caves, got off on a beach for pix, a little shopping place away from town, 20 minutes at Atlantis, gave us samples of fried conch. I am sure that he would work with you, just drop him an email and ask. I am guessing that this would be alot better than through the Norwegian because he would customize your tour for you and it would be a small group. We had my family and 2 other couples. He dropped all three of us off at different types according to what we asked for.

Would he be able to take a group of 9?

He might. There were 2 seats in the front. Could fit 3 in middle row. I wasnt in the back seat so not sure if it would hold 3 or 4. Drop him an email and see what he has to say.