Grand Princess April 13 2014 Hawaii

World Sailor

I was on the Jan 19 cruise to Hawaii and liked it despite having a homophobic room steward, large picture falling off the wall and hitting my cabin mate at 3am, and various leaks of plumbing in our stateroom and just outside our stateroom emanating a strong mildew order, and the maintenance guys cutting banging and sawing tin ducts on the back of the ship. We had extremely rough seas for the first 3 of 4 days and were glad to get to Hawaii and off the ship.

Then the whole cruise changed.

We were in a cabin on the rear of Aloha deck and got moved to another cabin on Emerald deck and it was much better. Hawaii was amazing too. Even if it is raining, you have a great time. The passengers were in their 70's plus but we met so many wonderful amazing passengers and enjoyed seeing who we would meet at anytime dining. The naturalist Gary Sheehan and Lokelina & Kimo were amazing introducing people to Hawai'i.

We met quite a few fellow gay passengers and they had GLBT meetings each night but not a lot of people attended them but we enjoyed the people who did. Even when they said our group would meet in a different bar, our group always met in the wheelhouse each day at 5. I met only 2 people online here b4 I left but there will be much more onboard with a ship holding 3000 passengers.

Edited by JonV