Upsell Pricing

Homer714

Hey everyone, not that I will ever get a call but what/how do you decide if the upsell is a good price?

Looking at what it is currently going for then adding upsell to what you already have paid?

This might seem like s stupid question but I am just curious :confused:

Thanks!

Not a stupid question at all. We got our first up sell call last week. We logged into the Carnival website and mock booked what they were offering. We knew what we had paid for our cabin and we looked at what it would cost us to book what they were offering. If what they are offering is less then what you would pay to book it then it is possibly a good deal. Not everyone is interested in changing cabins but at least it's nice to know if it was a good deal.

I've been offered an "upsell" on a few cruises. Normally what I do when I book is make a spread sheet of all the categories I am interested in booking. We normally book a regular aft. balcony. But we have booked wraps and extended also. When I book, I look at what it would cost for a few higher categories and add this to the spread sheet. When they call for the upsell, I look at the price these were when I booked compared to what it would cost when they call. If you're willing to spend a little extra, go for it. Sometimes the deals are not great at all!

Sometimes they will give you and awesome deal. I once went from an obstructed view balcony to an aft. extended (deck 7) for about $45 total. It was an excellent deal and one I couldn't pass up! When I originally booked, that category was approx. $55 more pp and when they called it would have been $75 more pp. So in my mind it was a steal.

This is what I personally do but it all depends on how much more you personally are willing to pay for the upgrade. But always and I mean always look at the deck plans to see where they are trying to "upsell/upgrade" you to! Sometimes it's a higher category but a terrible location!

We got our first up sell call last week. We went from a balcony to an ocean suite for $340.00. We have $360.00 in OBC from early saver and had some price drops before final payment also. We figured that what we are paying is a little less than the original cost so we jumped on it. We are extremely excited to have our first suite! I hope it doesn't spoil us! We leave Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We received our first call last week for our cruise this Saturday. The offer was $340.00 for a move from a balcony to an ocean suite. When I looked at the current prices it did not seem like a great offer, as prices have dropped since final payment. As I was considering it I mentioned that and she asked me to hold while she took another look and she came back with a total of $140.00. I happily took that offer!

I would not have thought to ask for a better rate but if I receive another upsell call I will definitely ask. Excited for our first suite. :)

We received our first call last week for our cruise this Saturday. The offer was $340.00 for a move from a balcony to an ocean suite. When I looked at the current prices it did not seem like a great offer, as prices have dropped since final payment. As I was considering it I mentioned that and she asked me to hold while she took another look and she came back with a total of $140.00. I happily took that offer!

I would not have thought to ask for a better rate but if I receive another upsell call I will definitely ask. Excited for our first suite. :)

Very unusual for that to happen. Have gotten three calls and the offering price was the offering price.

I compare the price to the website price and than decide if the new cabin is worth the extra money to us.

Went from inside to aft wrap for 500 once and another time offered us a suite from ov for 1000 and said thanks but no thanks.

Was that for the Victory sailing 3/8?

I'm just wondering do they allow you the time to research it all out and call them back? Or do you need to make the decision right then and there?

They called my home phone first and spoke with my wife. While she was on the phone with them she text me to get my opinion and I told her to have them call me which they did. I did the research while they were on the phone. They did not rush me.

We were booked on the Breeze for last week. We started out with an interior on deck 9. They called about a week and a half prior to sailing and offered us a Cloud 9 spa balcony for $149 pp, $298 total for the two of us. When I looked online, it would have been almost $800 to upgrade to that.

I'm just wondering do they allow you the time to research it all out and call them back? Or do you need to make the decision right then and there?

They would like an answer than and there. If you want to call them back guess you could but they would be calling the next ones on their list.

Was that for the Victory sailing 3/8?

Yes it was. I didn't read your first post before I responded initially but now that I read you are leaving on Saturday and you asked about which sailing we are on, I assume we are on the same cruise? Sorry about mentioning our upsell price.

For the first time, we did not book early saver for this cruise and the prices have just gone down and down. I finally had to force myself to stop checking the fare viewer!! :eek:

I try to remember that I was very happy with the price we paid when we booked and try not to think about the "what ifs". So looking forward to a great cruise!