Epic balcony vs mini-suite

liberty64

Hi,

has anyone stayed in both and can you tell me is there much difference between the two. The NCL site doesn't seem to have much between the two (3 sq. metres). Can you separate to have twin beds? Does this compromise space? Is there much difference in balcony size?

• 1 month later...

I'm curious too. 10 sq. feet difference doesn't seem like much, so I'm wondering what the added benefits are and if it's worth it to pay the extra $170/person.

Edited by dugknight

The mini-suite is about 3-4 feet longer than a regular balcony, otherwise it's very similar (same balcony size, same width). Depending on the layout, this extra space allows either a tub or a very large shower instead of the typical one-person shower.

I would say it's not really worth it for 2 people. Maybe if you have 3 or 4 the extras space might be nice, but we had 4 in a standard balcony and survived.

Not sure where 3 square meters is coming from, but I would estimate the room to be about 30-40 square feet larger.

Edited by sdmike

Do the mini suites have a proper enclosed bathroom?

I'm looking at upgrading our balcony to a mini & wondered about the bathroom situation. ( sharing with my mum)

The Mini suite that I stayed in did not have an enclosed bathroom. However there was a curtain to separate the area from the rest of the room. This layout is not the most ideal.IMHO.

Do the mini suites have a proper enclosed bathroom?

I'm looking at upgrading our balcony to a mini & wondered about the bathroom situation. ( sharing with my mum)

Same bathroom layout. Toilet and shower are enclosed by frosted glass. I found it to be perfectly proper for my family, although not typical for a ship. Whether or not it's proper for you and your mum is up to you.

Edited by sdmike

Thanks. I'll stick with the balcony since it's the same layout.

If you are looking for a bigger balcony, go with an aft-facing corner unit. They are bigger than both the standard balconies and I believe also the mini-suite balconies. Just don't go higher than Deck 11, or you will hear music at night from Spice.

Edited by SissasMomE

I doubt there would be much space if the beds were separated. The most I can see the beds getting separated is by a few inches.

yeah, they can only get the beds apart just wide enough to slide between them. It's more than a few inches, but it's not 30 :)