Carnival Liberty - Fun For the Whole Family

Flip2cruise

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/liberty_kids.aspx

Carnival Liberty - Fun For the Whole Family

spacer.gif07/01/2005 spacer.gif

MIAMI — Carnival Liberty – which launches the line’s first-ever Mediterranean cruise program July 20, 2005 – offers kid-friendly fun for all ages, with expansive facilities for children and teens, as well as a full schedule of exciting activities to create the ultimate family vacation experience.

“An increasing number of families are making cruising their top vacation choice,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO. “Last year, more than 1 million children traveled on cruise ships, and Carnival alone is expected to host a record 500,000 kids this year – a 300 percent increase versus eight years ago. Offering fun and affordable vacations has enabled Carnival to earn its title as the family cruise leader.”

The new 110,000-ton Carnival Liberty will operate a series of eight 12-day Mediterranean cruises round-trip from Rome (Civitavecchia) July 20 – Oct. 12, 2005.

Expansive Facilities, Fun-Filled Activities

The focal point of the Carnival Liberty’s “Camp Carnival” program is a spacious 4,200-square-foot enclosed play area that includes a 16-monitor video wall continuously displaying movies and cartoons; an arts-and-crafts center with spin and sand art and candy-making machines; a “soft play area” with padded play equipment for the under-2 set; a computer lab with educational computer games and PlayStation 2 game consoles; and a children’s library with youth-oriented books and magazines.

The play area also is the site for several other “Camp Carnival” activities, including an art program, “WaterColors” where kids create their own artistic masterpieces while learning techniques employed by professional artists. Also on Carnival Liberty is “SeaNotes,” a music program that introduces kids to different musical instruments and genres.

“H2Ocean” is a science program offering hands-on projects where kids can make their own ice cream and create custom-made helicopters and miniature hovercrafts. “EduCruise” involves fun, interactive projects focusing on the cultures, landmarks, history and geography of Carnival Liberty’s destinations. “ExerSeas” is a recreational fitness program that encourages kids to “get out and play” through intense physical activity.

Kid-Friendly Dining Options

Dining is considered a highlight of the Carnival vacation experience, and kids sailing aboard Carnival Liberty enjoy a wide variety of delectable dining options.

In addition to Emile’s, an expansive Lido restaurant offering hot dogs, hamburgers, French fries and 24-hour pizza and ice cream, the two-level Gilded and Sterling dining rooms feature children’s menus with such favorites as chicken nuggets, pepperoni pizza and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, along with a Daily Junior Special promising something new and different each day.

There also is a program where kids can dine with the youth counselors each evening. For convenience, the Fountain Fun Card is available which, for a one-time fee of $28, provides unlimited soft drinks throughout the cruise (an adult version also is available).

As part of the line’s popular children’s turndown service, kids are provided with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies one night during the voyage.

Special Amenities For Teens

Teens have their own unique vacation expectations, and on Carnival Liberty older kids can enjoy a variety of just-for-teens facilities and activities.

These include a 1,800-square-foot teen club called Without Batteries, which in addition to a distinctive décor of giant old-time toys, includes a dance club with a DJ and state-of-the-art sound and lighting system, along with a “mocktail lounge” where kids ages 15-17 can enjoy a variety of non-alcoholic specialty drinks. Without Batteries also includes a video game room with more than 60 of the latest video and arcade games, and a library of popular teen-oriented books and magazines, video game units and computers loaded with gaming software.

With Carnival’s fleetwide youth spa program, children ages 12-14 and their parents can also enjoy soothing body and beauty treatments together on port days. Packages are available in mother/daughter and father/son combinations and include hair and nail treatments, health evaluations, and foot and scalp massages.

There’s also a teen shore excursion program where kids ages 12-17 can partake in just-for-teens shoreside experiences during Carnival Liberty’s cruises.

Other ‘Family Friendly’ Features

Carnival Liberty features four swimming pools: a children’s wading pool, a more secluded pool located aft that is covered by a retractable dome, a main pool on Lido Deck and another on Panorama Deck featuring a 214-foot-long corkscrew water slide full of exhilarating twists and turns.

The line’s popular fleetwide stroller rental program, where parents can rent single and double strollers by the week for $25, also is featured on Carnival Liberty. Bouncy seats, travel swings and GameBoy Advance gaming units are available for rent as well.

Babysitting, which takes place in the children’s play room, is available at a cost of $6 per hour for the first child and $4 per hour for each additional child in the same family.

Multigenerational activities where parents and kids can enjoy their cruise together as a family with games and activities such as arts and crafts sessions, and family water play and make-your-own-sundae sessions also are offered. A reading program in which youth counselors read popular children’s books aloud to parents and kids in the ship’s library and then present creative interpretations of the stories through puppet shows and skits is featured on board as well.

Exciting New 12-Day Mediterranean Itineraries

For the first time, Carnival Cruise Lines will offer a series of Mediterranean voyages featuring extended visits to some of Europe’s most charming and historic ports of call. The fourth in Carnival’s successful 110,000-ton Conquest class, Carnival Liberty sails 12-day cruises round-trip from Rome (Civitavecchia) July 20-Oct. 12, 2005.

On this route, featured ports include Naples, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Venice, Italy (two-day call); Messina, Sicily; Barcelona, Spain; Cannes, France; and Livorno, Italy. Following the Mediterranean cruises, Carnival Liberty will operate a 16-day transatlantic voyage departing Rome (Civitavecchia) Oct. 24 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale Nov. 9. Ports of call include Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca and Malaga, Spain; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles.

For additional information and reservations, contact a travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit www.carnival.com.

Cant imagine too many people dragging their kids to Europe!

Yeah that's what I want to see---stroller moms--not.

Wow I hope you aren't serious! While My DD (9) isn't stroller age I wouldn't think twice about bringing her to Europe. Living here and travelling through out Europe had been great for her and hopefully will provide last memories. I think it is great for Children to experience other cultures and European loves kids...almost as much as they love their dogs.

BTW you think American Stroller Mom's are bad wait until you experience European Stroller Moms!;)

Cant imagine too many people dragging their kids to Europe!

Yeah that's what I want to see---stroller moms--not.

Is there a reason you brought your sour attitude to this thread other than that you enjoy spreading your misery?

Our daughter was only 7 during her first European cruise. She's now 11, and has visited a copper mine and a goat cheese farm in Norway; She's seen hundreds of puffins perched on the side of a cliff on a small Icelandic island north of the Arctic circle; She's browsed markets in Bergen and London; played on the beach on the North Sea in the Netherlands; flown over the Highlands and Isle of Skye and Loch Ness in a helicopter; Attended a West End musical in her most beautiful gown; Visited the Roman Baths in Bath and walked around Stonehenge; learned how porcelain is made at the Delft factory. She's walked through the ruins of a beautiful old castle in southern England ( a wonderful experience she was able to share with her Grandma before Alzheimer's took her too far away ).

Our daughter has had all of these wonderful experiences ( and more ) at such an early age, and will be able to recall them in her memories, and revisit them in photographs and video.

You, it would seem, would prefer that my daughter, and other youngsters,

with their wonderful little sponge-like minds, be denied experiences like

these.

Tell us the truth, "iluvdoxies"... Do children, and their stroller moms, make you any less miserable here at home? Is it only when they travel in Europe that you despise them?

I'll tell you one thing that I know for certain: While our beautiful child was

enjoying all of these new experiences, she never stopped to notice the sour people who were wishing she wasn't there...But...the sour people noticed her. Maybe, next time, they'll notice the puffins instead!

Bill ( former proud stroller dad and current proud softball dad )

Onward to Europe and Carnival Liberty '05

Sour people: Eat Our Dust

I guess I don't understand here . . . maybe it's my limited experience but . . . I'm confused either way!!!

According to the information provided by the OP it's my understanding that my 14 yr old DD will NOT be able to utilize the teen disco/lounge!!! Is that the way it is OR is it just that she won't be able to attend the mocktail party???

Can anyone explain this to me??? I'm SO CONFUSED!!!!

Kim

I guess I don't understand here . . . maybe it's my limited experience but . . . I'm confused either way!!!

According to the information provided by the OP it's my understanding that my 14 yr old DD will NOT be able to utilize the teen disco/lounge!!! Is that the way it is OR is it just that she won't be able to attend the mocktail party???

Can anyone explain this to me??? I'm SO CONFUSED!!!!

Kim

My son was 14 on our Valor cruise and had to leave at an allocated time in the Teen disco when it was set aside for 15 and up.. but kids congregate on the sofas in front of the center to socialize.. play cards etc..and now on the Liberty there will be an evening movie.. so there will be something else to do to meet kids..

DromMOM,

THANKS for the information!!! I've been repainting the house etc after finishing a jampacked couple of years (work, master's degree, DD, etc) so . . . I'll get back on the roll call and properly "introduce" myself as soon as I get some of these "jobs" done around the house that I've neglected over the past couple of years!!

Thanks for the "support" on the other thread too . . . I'll pass the word on to my DD and get her online too with your DS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SURE she'll want to "meet" some of the kids beforehand since she'll be traveling solo this time around (we took one of her friends last time)!!

DromMOM,

THANKS for the information!!! I've been repainting the house etc after finishing a jampacked couple of years (work, master's degree, DD, etc) so . . . I'll get back on the roll call and properly "introduce" myself as soon as I get some of these "jobs" done around the house that I've neglected over the past couple of years!!

Thanks for the "support" on the other thread too . . . I'll pass the word on to my DD and get her online too with your DS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SURE she'll want to "meet" some of the kids beforehand since she'll be traveling solo this time around (we took one of her friends last time)!!

Kim,

When you daughter is interested click down below where it says email me and send a note then they can hook up on instant message or email.

Stop by the roll call when you get a free moment. Look forward to meeting you and your family on the Liberty!

Archived