Voyager Class Aft Cabin 1692, 4 ppl sofa question

Hi all -

We just put a hold on the last remaining D1 aft that will fit four people for Thanksgiving week on Adventure of the Seas. I've been in an aft before, but alas it was a Royal Family Suite and the budget won't allow for that on this trip (it's our 2nd cruise of the year thanks to kids sail free). A few questions:

1. Our kids are sailing with us, they will be 3 and 5 at sailing. Is the sofa a pull out sleeper bed? Our kids are not yet old enough for the pullman. I'd call RCI myself (and will to confirm) but wait times are looong due to the sale.

2. We also put a hold on aft JS 1694, right next door. There is a $1000 price difference total. I'd love opinions on whether it is "worth it" or not to spring for that. The only thing I'd really care about is the larger bathroom (tub), if the balcony has a dining height table, and if the sofa is a pull out sleeper whereas the D1 1692 is not.

We've got 4 stops in a week long cruise, so I doubt we'll be in the room a ton. We do love breakfast on the balcony and always do room service when we sail with kids in a balcony cabin.

Hi all -

We just put a hold on the last remaining D1 aft that will fit four people for Thanksgiving week on Adventure of the Seas. I've been in an aft before, but alas it was a Royal Family Suite and the budget won't allow for that on this trip (it's our 2nd cruise of the year thanks to kids sail free). A few questions:

1. Our kids are sailing with us, they will be 3 and 5 at sailing. Is the sofa a pull out sleeper bed? Our kids are not yet old enough for the pullman. I'd call RCI myself (and will to confirm) but wait times are looong due to the sale.

2. We also put a hold on aft JS 1694, right next door. There is a $1000 price difference total. I'd love opinions on whether it is "worth it" or not to spring for that. The only thing I'd really care about is the larger bathroom (tub), if the balcony has a dining height table, and if the sofa is a pull out sleeper whereas the D1 1692 is not.

We've got 4 stops in a week long cruise, so I doubt we'll be in the room a ton. We do love breakfast on the balcony and always do room service when we sail with kids in a balcony cabin.

My experience with the D1 sofa bed on Voyager Class (Explorer) is that it is the sofa that folds flat rather than pulling out like the one in our living room at home. We've found the sofa bed is very firm (read here HARD) and not too comfortable. Bringing a memory foam topper from home (folded in half and with a thick fleece blanket to help cushion it) helped. The bed would easily sleep two preschoolers but would be very tight for two adults. The firmness might not bother young children as much.

Enjoy your cruise! The Kids Sail Free prices are amazing!

I'd probably go for the JS if you can afford it. The space and tub will be nice with little ones.

We have stayed in 1692 on Voyager. Since it's a connecting cabin it seems like it either had the shorter sofa or possibly just a chair to accommodate the door. I can't remember exactly, it's been too long.

Thanks to all. I called RCI and confirmed the sofa bed actually is a pull out to a double bed. I believe those aft D1's are a few feet longer than a standard D1, and that's why the room can accommodate a sofa bed. The price diff between the aft D1 and aft JS is $1100. I think we're opting for the D1 so we can use part of the additional funds towards a private boat charter in St. Thomas/St. John.