Breakaway March 9-16 - MYTHBUSTERS

lisakoivu

Well done! My wife and I grabbed a cheap "Inside Guarantee Room" on the Breakaway to Bermuda. Prior to this we have always had at least a mini balcony suite. We are going 100% with your approach. Book at the last minute, plan nothing, and have minimal expectations. We are using our savings on the room to enjoy the spa, vibe, and specialty dining.

I am a "maximizer" especially on room location and size (I make Marriott miserable with my requests) so your post was a nice tutorial on de-stressing. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Jascp1962.....when are you going? If it's in your signature, I can't see those on the App version. I ask bc we booked balcony guarantee (for the first time) in September and was curious if you are sailing prior to that (or perhaps have already) and can pass along what room you ended up with. =)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having just returned from the June 15-22 Breakaway sailing, I would agree with the initial poster in this thread. 99% of the things people complained about on these boards prior to my cruise went unfounded. I tend to also be the kind of person who looks at the positive and doesn't sweat the small stuff while on vacation.

Someone on my sailing a few cabins down from me was complaining to her cabin steward one morning that the button to flush the toilet was hard to push. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the excellent review! My wife and I and another couple will be on the 8/31 sailing. The only thing that concerns me is the comment about the smoking policy. We weren't aware of this before booking. I'll have to do some research to avoid those areas...

Just to clarify: Breakaway show is Cirque Dreams and Jungle Fantasy. Not the same company as Cirque du Soleil. Have seen and enjoyed both. Cirque Dreams is much shorter but you are much closer to the action. Also you will never get to eat dinner while seeing Cirque du Soleil!

Sent from my iPad using Forums