Just returned-Serenade to Alaska

Intoduction- This was our second cruise, both with RCI. Alaska was wonderful. We had perfect weather, with the exception of the day we were in Juneau. The Serenade is a beautiful ship. To those of you who compain about the food and/or service, I completely disagree.

Food- We ate breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer. The food was always good. Beware, it gets crowded. We had one dinner at Chops and one at Portofino. Both were excellent and worth the extra charge. Dinner in the dining room was always delicious. Overall, the service was very good.

Skagway- We took the White Pass Railway/Bicycle Ride excursion. The views from the train are spectacular. The bike ride down, contrary to what some people say, was not dangerous. Yes, there are tour buses with which riders must share the road but, at no time did I feel unsafe. Dress warmer than I did. I thought I could get away with wearing shorts. It gets windy.

Juneau- The one day of rain. Our shore excursion was to be a helicopter ride and glacier landing. Unfortunately, it was cancelled. Instead, we rode the tram up the mountain. All was not lost as our money was credited to our on-board account, which helped pay for our alcohol...I mean spa treatments.

Ketchikan- We booked the Lumberjack show, which was entertaining. The weather was surprisingly sunny and warm.

Hubbard Glacier and Misty Fjords- Don't miss these two sights. We spent a lot of time viewing from both on deck and our balcony.

Conclusion- I would do this cruise again in a heartbeat. It beats work any day, which is where I am and am supposed to be doing so I gotta go.

Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear you had a great time1

I just got off of Serenade on 7/10/05 and I so want to go back. It was my 3rd trip to Alaska and I can't get enough of it!

I find myself staring at the port cams trying to see Serenade in port!

Do you have any pictures to share?

Archived