Deposit first ever cruise on Divinia... itinerary?

octoberdana

Booked our first ever cruise on the MSC Divinia in August. We will be celebrating our 20th anniverisary in July so this our gift to each other.

We deposited on the Caribbean cruise that goes to Philipsburg, San Juan, and the Bahamas. Seven night cruise balcony room. Great price and value.

Since my deposit is refundable until May considering switching to the other itinerary that goes to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, and Cozumel. Also seven night cruise, would get a balcony room. Slightly more expensive but not considerably.

Can anyone give any thoughts on either of these? We want a mix of quiet time as well as some interesting experiences.

Booked our first ever cruise on the MSC Divinia in August. We will be celebrating our 20th anniverisary in July so this our gift to each other.

We deposited on the Caribbean cruise that goes to Philipsburg, San Juan, and the Bahamas. Seven night cruise balcony room. Great price and value.

Since my deposit is refundable until May considering switching to the other itinerary that goes to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, and Cozumel. Also seven night cruise, would get a balcony room. Slightly more expensive but not considerably.

Can anyone give any thoughts on either of these? We want a mix of quiet time as well as some interesting experiences.

We went through the same as you, also for our anniversary, and with the current low prices (balcony)that you may never see again, we chose a back to back, cruising both weeks/itineraries, making it simple!

Either way, what ever your decision, have a good cruise!

While I've not been on the Divina (my cruise is in sept) I have been to some of the ports. We love the Cayman Islands and Cozumel. We swim with the stingrays in the Cayman Islands thru captian Marvin's every time we go and are never disappointed. It was a hard decision for us to make on which cruise to take. We chose the Phillipsburg, San Juan cruise because it was something different and I also love going on cruises that go to a private island. It's one of my favorite things. If your on a budget it's a great free beach day, if you aren't and want to rent a cabana it's a wonderful way to spend a day.

So, itis a tough choice. Either cruise will be great!,

....We deposited on the Caribbean cruise that goes to Philipsburg, San Juan, and the Bahamas.... considering switching to the other itinerary that goes to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, and Cozumel....Can anyone give any thoughts on either of these?....

This is a good question. We are sailing our fifth MSC cruise out of Florida, and have been to all of those places at least twice. Personally, Old San Juan is always interesting, but the private NCL island is a bit boring, tendering in and out required long waits. Having said that, you can't go wrong on either itinerary. Divina is so elegant she is a destination in herself. Flip a coin. You will probably come back and do the second itinerary anyway, especially if the pricing remains so attractive. Congrats and cheers!

Not sure if this is your first cruise - but IMHO if it is you may prefer the variety of the Western. Falmouth offers a chance to explore Jamaica - many options for tours including famous Dunns River Falls - a must for a first time visitor. / many other options in Jamaica with it's beautiful mountains and lush vegitation. Grand Cayman offers awesome snorkeling & diving as well as beautiful beach day on 7 mile beach. Cozumel -

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are doing the Cozumel, Jamaica and Cayman Island route in May. I found many things great to do or see. My only advise is and in my opinion....I have been to Puerto Rico many times on other cruises and found it a waste. Most of the time ships are there for a short stay so you can't go to far. Excursions are barely OK. There is the Forts there (if that interests you) you can walk to, shopping is not that good at all (Although a good Coach outlet is there), good tapas bars, but other than that, we stay on the ship

I would tend to lean toward the Western itinerary for your first cruise . The ports offer more variety - Falmouth, Jamaica offers many options for tours although for a first timer I would recommend a tour that includes a visit to Dunns River Falls. Grand Cayman take a snorkel cruise that includes stingray city and Cozumel - either opt for a tour to the ruins or a day pass at Mr. Santos or NC. If the additional cost of tours is prohibitive you can explore the Eastern itinerary without tours / Private island is a fun beach day. Walk around old San Juan and the fort . St . Maarten / catch the water taxi over to Great Bay Beach - grab two chairs/an umbrella/ and a bucket of beers for about $20 from one of the beach vendors enjoy a beach day with great shopping right behind you. GB is not a beautiful beach - but always lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app