D1 interconnecting on allure

we are 1st time cruisers. family of 4 so trying to book interconnecting rooms ( much cheaper than suite) My TA tells me that RC wont allow us to book 9602 and 9604 ( these are D1 balcony staterooms with larger balconies) because each room can fit three people as they have sofa beds so wont only allow two people in each room. has anyone come across this before. we thus need to book interconnecting rooms that have twin beds and no extra bedding even though they aren't as well situated on the boat. BTW is deck 9 near mid ship a good option= ie central but not noisy?

we are 1st time cruisers. family of 4 so trying to book interconnecting rooms ( much cheaper than suite) My TA tells me that RC wont allow us to book 9602 and 9604 ( these are D1 balcony staterooms with larger balconies) because each room can fit three people as they have sofa beds so wont only allow two people in each room. has anyone come across this before. we thus need to book interconnecting rooms that have twin beds and no extra bedding even though they aren't as well situated on the boat. BTW is deck 9 near mid ship a good option= ie central but not noisy?

No, that doesn't sound right to me. We're looking at doing the same thing this fall on Allure. Even on RCI's site, you can choose a connecting stateroom with 4 people. These rooms are designed for double occupancy, even though they can hold 3 people. The 3rd person is charged a reduced rate.

While you are not looking for suites, depending on the date, there also maybe a Royal Family Suite (2 bedroom suite) available. They aren't available for standard booking (you have to ask). I would check the price on that vs 2 staterooms as well....

There has been some talk on this board about Royal changing the policy on cabins that sleep more than 2 people. However, that being said, the policy change is pretty new. I would call Royal and ask specifically about these cabins.