St Thomas Wedding! Advice/ideas needed!

We have finally decided we will be getting married at St Thomas.

We are still researching options, but we want to work with an independent company wedding planner, not through the cruise line. We will be having a reception on board after leaving port.

What companies would you recommend? Any you wouldn't recommend?

Also, what advice do people have on getting guests from the dock to our wedding - I've looked online a little and the price I found ($25/per person) seems a little high... we are looking at 20-40 guests.

Thanks!

Hi Rudyflyer, congrats, St Thomas has a few island vendors and a few hotel vendors. Throughout my research I would have to say that Janelle from Island bliss is the best. There have been a few concerns recently regarding her lack of communication, but I think it's due to her booming business. Here are a few other vendors, wedding the island way, Leslie at perfect weddings of St. Thomas, Deb at beach weddings by deb, tropical weddings vi. As far as transportation goes to and from the ship/ceremony/reception some vendor packages include it up to a certain amount of guests. If your package does note include transportation fir your guests you would have to pay approximately 25-45pp.

<3 Crystal

Hi and congrats...St Thomas is beautiful. We married there in May of 2013. We used Janelle and she was fantastic! I dont have a single complaint. Her business is definitely growing and she was very good with responses for me. It can be nervewracking being so far from your planner, but i learned to "live like i was on island time" while planning :) probably helped that i didnt want to worry about each detail, we trusted her judgement. Her husband Stu officiated for us and the ceremony was just what we expected for our requests. Elisha Orin was our fabulous photographer. There is a link to my review in my signature so i wont get too detailed but if you have questions feel free to email or ask me! Janelle arranged the travel from port to our venue for 17 guests. I do remember it was pricy when i researched it as well. We had transport for bride groom was included. We paid 20 per head for guests return.. as far as reception back on board we tried to book a full on reception music food etc after sailing and were told it could only be done while docked in port and would be over when leaving port. We chose to enjoy our time on the island instead and booked the steakhouse for dinner for all our guests and arranged for a cake. The folks in the steakhouse were very gracious in helping with cake topper etc. We definitely felt very catered to and special.This was a Carnival ship...i cannot speak to what other cruiselines will do. They may do this, or someone here on the board may have insight. I have read of booking private functions thru group bookings but not sure what the stipulations are.I had gone as far as ask carnival weddings if I booked a wedding package thru them could I pay for the whole package but only use the onboard reception parts and was still told it was only usable before sailing. We wanted to be able to drink and dance...and celebrate...since we all had the Cheers package we just headed down to one of the bars after the steakhouse and made an impromptu reception right there...and had a blast :)

Good luck , happy planning :)

Edited by jaxie001

Hi, i'm getting married in St. Thomas in Dec. I started off using Island Bliss, but I had major issues and ended up switching to Weddings the Island Way. These ladies have been AMAZING! Initially they looked to be more expensive, but I didn't factor in the wedding license which is included in their packages and the add on's I have gotten have been significantly less expensive and honestly the first email they sent me answered every question I had and had an excel spread sheet attached for my package and my add on's. They have been beyond nice and professional, never making me feel like my wedding was a burden or they were doing me a favor. I would certainly take a look around and find the best fit for you. Good Luck to you! :)