Free UBP and UDP on Breakaway

Homecruiser

So we have opted for our first suite in the Haven on September 7. We have free UDP for 2 of us and free UBP for all of us (3) in the cabin. I purchased the third UDP so that we would all have the same ability to take full advantage of the offer. My question has to do with gratuities on these programs. We had UBP plan once before and the slip we signed always detailed the drinks charges, gratuities and left room for an additional tip. Does the free UBP cover gratuities and does the crew receive compensation for these free programs?

All restaurant staff are coverage by your daily service charge. There is no need to tip them (although many of us do tip extra for great service).

While that is true for restaurant staff and UDP, the bar staff is covered by the funds collected from the 15% auto-gratuity, not DSC.

OP: The gratuity is included in the comped UBP so you won't have to pay extra 15% for the package list price or by the drink. Can't tell you how it is handled internally though and I don't think that info would be easily available either.