Tendering in Maui

azseas

Hi. We are traveling to Hawaii on the grand princess with someone that has difficulty walking and uses a scooter. Can climb a few steps, etc. and there will be three of us thereto help. Lahaina is a tender port. I have also heard it has steep stairs to get up to the street level once you get across on the tender. Does anyone have experience with this port? How many stairs are there to get to street level? The scooter is a foldable one that we can carry onto the tender. Just concerned about the walking up the steps and possibly walking down steps to get to the tender from the ship. Input, please.

We tendered at Lahaina three times last year and besides the ship tenders, there are usually several local boats contracted for use. The staff will do almost anything necessary to get you on and off the tenders and there are places to sit on all of them.

I do not remember any steep steps at the tender port. The walkways are pretty much at tender level. I can not do steps and have tendered there multiple times over the years. There is a ramp that is not very steep to use if the water level is low, for chairs and rollators.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app