RCI landtour excursions?

ghoundlvr

We are on a northbound cruise in August. We booked 4 days of land tour on the end. I'm finding that excursions are open for booking for the cruise part, but nothing is coming up for excursions for the land tour part of it. I've never done a land tour like this before. Will there be excursions that can be booked, much like excursions for the cruise? Do those typically open closer to cruise departure time?

Thanks!

Brenda

You don't mention where you are going? Their may also be independent options available. But if you list your itinerary, you can at least get the information for what is available. But we need to know where.

I too am booked on the 11NT Northbound cruise tour. Would like to know as well. I'm doing the 2 night Denali and 2 night Fairbanks. I understand there are extra excursions you can book for Denali but RCI's website doesn't tell you much.

I too am booked on the 11NT Northbound cruise tour. Would like to know as well. I'm doing the 2 night Denali and 2 night Fairbanks. I understand there are extra excursions you can book for Denali but RCI's website doesn't tell you much.

Denali has their own activities to consider, listings http://www.nps.gov/dena You do need to either plan on walking to get to areas, or keep track of lodge shuttle services. Rafting is popular, via independent. Just be sure to look at descriptions there are different levels.

Fairbanks- http://www.explorefairbanks.com In my opinion a car is necessary. Otherwise you are very limited with time consuming transits and limited activities. Usually on cruise tours there are some inclusions? The Chena River boat tour and a gold mine visit? If one of the days is free- if interested, can do an Arctic Circle trip. I only recommend fly/van, if wanting to see the Dalton. But there are many flyin interesting areas that can be done with day trips.